Old 06-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #21

Day 9:

Total Miles: 0

Not much to report today. We woke up, ate some breakfast and went riding again. The wind was absolutely brutal and blistering cold. We plan to visit a different riding spot tomorrow for some better weather. We didn't take a single picture so sorry for the boring post.

We did finalize our fishing boat charter for Tuesday so there should be plenty of pictures of that.

Andrew

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 06-27-2016, 12:13 AM   #22

Really enjoying your reports!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2016 Forest River Wildwood T27RKSS
2010 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab PSD
Shady camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #23

Andrew you have a lot of beautiful pictures and your post have been great, sounds like you and your family have been having a great time. Thanks for sharing

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 AM   #24

Day 10:

We woke up today with it being a bit drizzly and muddy. We decided against riding and wanted to check out the Sea Lion Caves just North of Florence about 35 miles away from here. It was pretty cool. Parking is a little weird that you have to cross the 101 fwy which is a major highway but we managed it with all the kids in tow. Like almost everything we've done this trip, I thought it was a little overpriced at $14 for adults and $8 for kids. Our 2 year old was free. But this is only seasonal as the sea lions travel so I understand the high fees for maintenance costs. Here are a few pictures from the sea lion caves.

Sorry for some of the poor quality pictures. No flash was allowed on my Samsung phone.

After the caves, we ate at a little hole in the wall place in Florence called Rosa's. We were craving Mexican food cause we don't normally have that on camping trips. I had the seafood enchiladas and they were very good.

When we got back to camp, it was better weather so we went out for a ride and had a blast. I love riding in the Oregon dunes. So much different than what we get at home.

Bbq chicken for dinner and a late night at the fire.

Good night.

Andrew

Old 06-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #25

Thank you everybody for the kind words. I've read so many of these reports that I hoped I could help and provide a little entertainment with mine.

Andrew

Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 AM   #26

Andrew,i really enjoy your Post and pic's! Thanks! Youroo!! PS I swear those "Birds of Prey" look like Chickens!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:25 AM   #27

Loved reading your trip report and seeing your photos - Thanks for sharing! You've given me inspiration to try it myself (heading to northern lower Michigan for the 4th of July holiday week) Hope to make it out that way one day!!
3.5L V-6 Ecoboost
Time-Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:32 PM   #28

Day 11:

Unfortunately, we had to scratch fishing today. The weather was just bad enough that we didn't want to be sick. We were really looking forward to it.

Not to waste the day though, we decided to go to another riding location on the coast. This one was called Siltcoos Day Area. I wanted to bring the kids to this one because you're able to ride up and down the beach for miles. It is a pretty cool place.

The toys with the ocean in the background.

You can see by the flags how windy it is. Would have been bad out there on the open ocean.

I took a video of us riding along the shore. I'll try to post it but I'm not very tech savvy.

https://vimeo.com/172681123

After riding, we went in to Reedsport and had Bedrock's pizza for dinner. It's a good spot that I remember having as a kid.

It was an early night for us. All kids showered and in bed by 9pm.

Good night.

Andrew

Old 06-30-2016, 01:20 AM   #29

Day 12

Miles: 0

My wife woke up a little earlier than I did as there was some laundry to be done so I was on kid duty. Getting 3 kids ready and fed in the morning can be quite the chore. Especially since all they want to do is go outside and play.

The woman and children didn't want to ride today so they went to the little shops in Winchester Bay while my brother in law went for a pretty fast paced ride. I wasn't used to riding this hard and I'm paying for it now.

After shopping and riding, we went to the Umpqua River Lighthouse for the tour. It was pretty cool learning the history of it. Had a little museum and we got to walk to the top of the lighthouse. It was pretty tight in there so if you get claustrophobic, I wouldn't recommend it either. We took our 2 year and and it was difficult for her to walk the stairs also so keep that in mind. It was* $6 for adults and $4 for kids 5-12. Our 2 year old was free. Here are a few pictures from the lighthouse:

Ate some tacos for dinner and a late night by the fire. The wind has picked up and it's cold tonight. Heater is going to be running.

Good night.

Andrew

Old 07-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #30

Day 13:

Miles: 0

This was from yesterday that I forgot to post so it's for June 30th.

Nothing to report today. Didn't even take a single picture. Went riding again. The kids are having an absolute blast and it's hard to get them off when it's time to go.

We had all been craving seafood since we got here to we headed to a place called Griff's in Winchester Bay. Small little place but was pretty good. I had the Captains Platter which came with 2 scallops, 2 prawns, 2 oysters, 2 pieces cod and 2 calamari. I usually don't like my seafood fried but I liked it had the crab/shrimp cocktail as an appetizer and it was good.

Good night.

Andrew

Tags
california