Old 06-23-2016, 05:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
not that everyone is broke, more for the convenience thing

Too true. I don't like paying for a full night so I can rest a few hours and move on. Some of us still have to budget.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-23-2016, 05:09 AM   #32

I'm with Bamabob. Make that X4

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-23-2016, 05:15 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
X3 -- Alternative: Cracker Barrel. They welcome you with open arms and who doesn't like their food?!
I suppose if you are allergic to spices, Like bisquits and paste instead of good sausage gravy, or are on a special diet that restricts salt and pepper, then Cracker Barrel is the place for you,

We rarely eat there anymore because of the bland tasting food. Believe it or not salt enhances the taste of food when added while cooking. Cracker Barrel does not add salt while cooking, they leave that up to you and what do you get when you add it prior to eating. salty tasting food
Old 06-23-2016, 05:26 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Has anyone else hear that Walmart is banning all overnight stops in ALL!! of their stores as of June 27/16 ?
Walmart Frequently Asked Questions.

This should about cover the answer, What does corporate say?

Unless local laws prohibit it.

Unless the parking lot is too small. i.e. choose a Super Walmart

Unless the manager objects. i.e. be a good guest, shop at the store, clean up after yourself,and don't overstay your welcome. In other words, stop, shop, eat, sleep, wake-up, and leave
Old 06-23-2016, 05:49 AM   #35

The difference between those who are cheap and use Wally World as a personal CG and those who simply need it as a quick stayover is simple.

The cheapos arrive at 3:00...setup camp and have the grill going by 5:00.

The rest of us who simply need a place to "rest" for 10 hours pull in late...pop maybe one slide...get some sleep and are on the road early.

I have seen way too many campers lately at Walmart...like has been said..it is 4:30..the slides are out the awning was open and yes these tardnuts had their chairs out and the grill going and even..yes a TV outside. It was both irritating and redneck funny..but mostly irritating.

The tightwads are easy to spot....these are the ones that are abusing the opportunity.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #36

Cracker Barrel works great for us. Only parked there 3 times, but will again if needed. Love their food and until post #29, have never met anyone that didn't. Seems to be a SOP for RVers to stop there.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupkin2 View Post
Here in Edmonton, AB. I have heard of this(rumour?)but RV's are still parking in Wally's lot.

It would be convient if one had driven for quite sometime with no near by CG sites.

Poor planning tho

John
Stony Plain! Man. I Miss my buddy Terry. He was a great guy. Spent two fishing trips out of his house there.

Believe it or not, that was the first grocery store (don't remember brand) where I saw the grocery cart thing in middle of parking lot........where paid a quarter for a cart, then got it back IF you returned it to the collection point. GREAT idea.

Calling Lake, Lesser Slave.......man what memories.

But back to the post......I can't imagine pulling into Walmart and either a) leaving my stuff for more than the time it takes to shop OR b) trying to sleep in it there! No thanks! There's not enough 'protection' on earth for that! I will gladly dump a black tank even if it is messy, but i ain't about to sleep in a Walmart parking lot without taking turns at the armed turret!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #38

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Walmart Frequently Asked Questions.

This should about cover the answer, What does corporate say?

Unless local laws prohibit it.

Unless the parking lot is too small. i.e. choose a Super Walmart

Unless the manager objects. i.e. be a good guest, shop at the store, clean up after yourself,and don't overstay your welcome. In other words, stop, shop, eat, sleep, wake-up, and leave

I'm guessing you translated that into your own words? This is what I found on the Walmart website as of 6-23-2016...

"Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?

While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV."
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #39
Dazed & Confused

Camping with my family as a child in the 1960's we spent overnights more than once in the old rest areas along the mostly two lane roads we traveled out west. There again it was a matter of being late in the day and not finding a campground in the area. My folks carried the old AAA campground guides to find campgrounds. I can remember being in Wyoming one time and heading for a campground listed as being in Wyoming, on a narrow dirt road, when we came to a sign stating we were crossing into Colorado. My dad decided to press on and eventually we found the campground which we had all to ourselves, except for the bear that was rubbing against our 16' Fan trailer in the night. Great memories.

BTW For me WalMart would be a last choice option.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #40

Just got back from a three week trip and used the atlas that Walmart sells just to let you know which ones except overnight and had no problems

2014 Ford F-150
dashsul is offline   Reply With Quote