Old 06-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I agree, staying at Walmart should be for no more that 12 hours and no slide outs and have to have a stamp on windshield saying what time you got there

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I can not use my trailer without slides out. I lay odds 3/4 of people with slides are in the same situation.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I can not use my trailer without slides out. I lay odds 3/4 of people with slides are in the same situation.
I can't use either of mine without the slides out. I can't get into the bathroom of one at all, in the other one I can get into the bathroom but can't sleep on the bed.

I guess that's why I've never stopped at cracker barrel or walmart. Wife works at cracker barrel and always tells me we can park there for free. I pop up a pic of whatever one she's talking about on google earth and no room for my slides to go out.

KingFisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #43

I would be all for an "overnight" stay at Wally World as an alternative place to stop and rest while traveling. Just wouldn't turn my stop into a parking lot shindig. But, to each his own.

"Oh boy, wouldn't Jeff Foxworthy sure have the time of his life with this thread."
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #44

I stay at wally world all the time, I call it my seasonal site! Great people, great neighbors, lots of space and ample parking..........
EMS 30 PI portable w/ Edison plug

Nights Camped (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
There are numerous articles on the net about where to stop for the night if you are just traveling through. There are also sites about etiquette when staying in those free places overnight.

As far as slide outs go. Most Walmarts, Lowes, Home Depots, Costcos, Sams clubs and nearly every parking lot in the good old USA has a perimeter to it with pavement, a curb, and then landscaping of some sort.

Take your Trailer or motorhome and park along the curb situated so the slide out section goes over the curb. Sound simple enough.

The most important thing about over-nighting in a parking lot.. NOT CAMPING, is to not loiter. If you want to stop for the night fine. take the time to ask permission. then only open your slide-outs when your ready to use them

Most every Walmart we have seen in the recent years have restaurants next to them. If your over-nighting, why not frequent one of them. You are saving more than the cost of that dinner by not paying for a campground with hookups.

BTW, if you take the time to do a search, there are several websites out there that contain a list of Walmart Stores that DO NOT allow overnight parking and are updated on a regular basis. In most instances the only reason overnight parking is not allowed is because of local ordinances.

Most major cities and metropolitan areas have ordinances against overnight parking. It is usually OK to overnight park at the rural Super Walmarts. the regular Walmarts may be a different issue because of their lot size.

Now don't be afraid to ASK, and then leave a tip for that FREEBEE you are receiving by frequenting the local restaurant or spending some of that hard earned cash in the Walmart store you are about to spend the night at.

I really don't think there is a Super Walmart within 30 miles of Downtown Detroit that allows over night parking, why, LOCAL ORDINANCES. Go an hour out and most do.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #46

Our local Walmart in the city does allow parking. Also some rural Timmies do as well. Just buy some coffee and little bits of Tim and you are set for the road.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #47
Berkshire 390QS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Oh God, me. I think their food is abysmal.
X2
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #48

It may be a sign of things to come but most of the new neighborhood markets that Walmart is putting in, the driveways don't allow campers to get in. I see some that you can't even get in to buy gas with your camper hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
X2
X3 have never seen food that is as mushy as there , you could leave your teeth in the veh if you wanted to
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #50

I do not like Grits.......

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote