Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #61

There's a book sold on amazon for $14.00 called Next Exit. Tells you every amenity off every exit on every major interstate in all states.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #62

thanks!!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #63

If you have a smartphone check out an app called iExit. For interstates only but gives a lot of information about what's at exits, which direction and how far. Also lists turnouts, weigh stations and rest stops. Users can send corrections and exits are frequently updated. Free when I downloaded it a couple years ago.
Allzright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
Why not stop at a Flying J or the like? There are generators running all over the place so no need to worry about yours keeping people up. If I'm stopping for a quick shut eye I'll pull in to one of these, get food etc for the fam and we'll hit the hay. I have been in bad truck stops where an over night would be a questionable decision and it would be a complete no go for a family in an RV but so far I've been happy with every one I've stopped at. Definitely wouldn't break the chairs out though
Yes, agree Pilot, Flying J, TA, Love's. I like them all. Very noisy with all the trucks idling so they won't even notice a generator.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
If you an afford your RV rig you can afford to overnite in a Campground. If the install full hook ups I'll consider them
I agree once you get to your destination, but IMO, when you are in route and trying to lay some miles down, it's more about convenience than money.

But honestly, money is a factor. I just don't need a full hookup site and don't feel I'm getting my money's worth for such a short period of time. I can afford it, I just don't want to, ha. I'll take a rest area, truck stop or whatever.

We stayed at this really nice campground right of the highway in Wichita Falls, Texas. (see link) It was $17 with everything but sewer. I don't mine paying that but $30 to $40 / night for 6 to 8 hours is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/1EW7Zi9hL3Y