Old 08-23-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
There are ample numbers of truck stops around the country. Also, many if not most trucks are not self-contained like an RV. Truckers appreciate the availability of restaurants, bathrooms, showers, and other necessities such as diesel fuel and a wide variety of truck parts and accessories that are available at truck stops. Lastly, I've never seen that 18-wheelers are welcomed to overnight at Walmarts., unless they are making an early-morning delivery.
Woodburn, Oregon

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:05 AM   #12
It is not camping.........just a short stopover for the night. Like others.....have seen generators out.......slides pens set out.....etc.

cpaulsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #13
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
It is not camping.........just a short stopover for the night. Like others.....have seen generators out.......slides pens set out.....etc.
Seen pretty much all of the above except for the dog pin at a Walmart in northern new Brunswick on the way from Ontario to nova Scotia.

All by the same camper.

Pulled in the middle of around six campers and with in 20min every one pulled to the other side of the lot
haven a blast
toslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #14
My son worked night parking lot security at Walmart for a few years. That Walmart allowed RV's overnight. The manager allowed one old guy with an old motorhome to stay for weeks at a time. The guy was obviously poor. My son would buy food at Walmart and give to him. The guy would go away for weeks and come back for a few weeks.
2011 Sunseeker 3100
1997 Pathfinder Toad
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #15
I look at walmart parking to be a safe place off the highway to rest for a while until you can continue to your destination. As with anything in life the problems occur when people begin to take advantage of another's generosity .
Butch Wilson
2016'Flagstaff T21QBHW A-Frame
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:19 AM   #16
Canadian Contingent
I have used Walmart as a night time stop over to a destination. I've used them many times.

In many cases, it is not Walmart themselves that do not allow overnight RV parking, it is the City's bylaw/ordinance that does not allow it and Walmart has to comply.
I know this to be true in our City as the No Overnight Parking signs post the bylaw#.
Les, Bonnie, Morgan, and 4 Leggers Bella and Bruce
2010 Cardinal 3450RL 4 slide Full Body Paint pushing our 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW SB - Pullrite 2900 Superglide 18k
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #17
If there are any commercial campgrounds close by a Walmart then they are in business to make money off paid camper's they will complain to city council enough to get a no overnight parking at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote