Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
What do you have planned for the holiday weekend?

I would like to know what all the FR owners have planned for the Memorial Day weekend. One of the things I love about this forum is hearing about the different camping experiences around the country. Being from Central Ohio, and a weekend camper, I have found what we call camping here is not at all the same as camping in the West or South.

My wife and I are hitting our favorite State Park, Deercreek State Park in Mt Sterling, OH. We are camping for four nights, electric only. We hope to have our grandchildren stay with us at least one night, and with any luck their parents will stay too. We have a family cookout scheduled for Sunday. I am so excited I can hardly concentrate on work.

I would love to hear from others.

grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Gladwin, MI

We're taking the kids up to my wife's grandfather's house in Gladwin, MI. The in-laws will come for sure and usually a few other aunts and uncles tag along as well. This has been family tradition now for over 10 years. Her grandfather's property is bordered by 2 long driveways. Some years we've had both of them stuffed with RV's, almost to the road (probably 6 in all). We spend the weekend fishing, sharing meals, and seeing who can create a campfire blaze big enough to see from orbit . It's especially fun now that my wife and I have 2 children to bring along and being able to see 4 generations of family interacting at once. My older daughter caught her very first fish there last Memorial weekend and can't wait to do it again this year.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial weekend...God Bless our Fallen Heroes and their Families! God Bless our Soldiers of Today!

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #3

Sounds like a great holiday weekend! Add in a "who can back in the straightest" competition and you will have a complete package.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Wer'e going to "Hanna park", a Jacksonville city owned campground next to the Mayport Naval air station. It has 300 full hookup sites, it's got over a mile of beach on the Atlantic Ocean-(no oil, as of yet), and a freshwater lake to fish and rent boats to paddle around in. Very nice and shady park, and it's got a lot of bike trails, as well. Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Now a "Top Member"
We'll be heading from Houston area to Branson MO. Then on to Omaha NE. Dad will join us for Branson, then we're on our own up to Omaha to see the wife's family. The first real trip (outside of my weekender trips) in the new Wildcat and F-250.
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
We are headed up to Natural Bridge Va Jelly Stone Park.
Pulling out Thursday and returning Monday with three other Rigs.
2005- WDF27RLSS
2001-Dodge-4/4- souped up Cummins
1953 Willys 4/4
1970 Restored Cushman Trackster
Olratlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #7

Had a trip planned to go to Virginia Beach. Wife and I go every year, sometimes the kids go, too. Was really looking forward to hauling the bike down and riding around some. Wife has been out of work for 20 months-doc's orders, and trying to get her disability straightened out. Wouldn't ya know it, they go and schedule her hearing for that Friday at noon. No way I'm gonna make it thru all of that traffic Friday afternoon, (Usually a six hour tow as it is), so we had to cancel. What a bummer, all the snow this past winter, now we can't even get out camping!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
We're heading over to Devil's Lake State Park in Wisconsin, close to the Dells. It's a little out of the norm for us since we usually are frequenting Minnesota State Parks.
Ron Hanson
2009 Georgetown 350TS (bunks)
400W solar, 440AH 6V GC2
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
We leave the camper at home and visit good friends who have a cottage on Lake Erie. They are great cooks, too!
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Staying home just returned home from picking up our new trailer - two days to go to Elkhart 20 days to make it home. Visited several family & friends along the way.

Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote