Old 02-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
That looks so sad, did you run out of room?
No but showing the other two full racks seemed like bragging

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #22
The Busted Wrench

Timber Ridge is a nice campground in TC. We are going to try Holiday Park this Memorial Day weekend. The state park is right in town and in town can get very busy during the tourist season.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #23

By far the best wine tour region is the North fork of Long Island! There are 56 wineries within a 30 - 40 mile drive, which means you can knock off 2 - 3 in the AM and 4 -5 in the PM each day! There is only one campground but it is very nice. It used to be a KOA but has gone private. It's just west of Greenport. We did this in October, just before halloween and the roadside stands along the way were just going crazy with displays and offerings!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #24

Hi Folks, Northern Pa. and Southern NY. Have great winery's. you can get on the net. and they have a mapped out route off all the winery's in that area. I'm sure they have camping also. On the way down through Kentucky and Tennessee we saw sighs for winery's but were unable to stop. hope that helps you out.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #25

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
No but showing the other two full racks seemed like bragging
No, that's not bragging, that's pure envy for wine lovers. I always wanted a wine cellar myself, you know, the kind that castles have. Sort of the original man cave.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #26
Rookies on this site.

Send a message via Skype™ to UsandScarlett
Thanks so much for the Traverse City info. The campground looks like a great place. I was there years ago on business and agree that the restaurants are great. The Cherry wine was a little too much cherry, but it was good. I've told my wife about it so many times and showed her the pictures, that she wants to go there with our 5th wheel.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsandScarlett View Post
Thanks so much for the Traverse City info. The campground looks like a great place. I was there years ago on business and agree that the restaurants are great. The Cherry wine was a little too much cherry, but it was good. I've told my wife about it so many times and showed her the pictures, that she wants to go there with our 5th wheel.
Agree on the cherry wine, a little sweet for my taste. I am a pure red dry wine type. I can handle the dry whites, but not a lot.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #28
Marion & Jim

Total Bliss, we go to the Traverse City, Michigan area also, at least once a summer and stay just outside Sutton's Bay at Wild Cherry RV Resort. Right in the middle of all the wineries. There are new wineries going up all the time. Beautiful place to visit.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Glanton View Post
Total Bliss, we go to the Traverse City, Michigan area also, at least once a summer and stay just outside Sutton's Bay at Wild Cherry RV Resort. Right in the middle of all the wineries. There are new wineries going up all the time. Beautiful place to visit.
Went to their website, very nice looking. Another great decision.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #30

OK - Colorado in the area of Grand Junction has multiple good winery stops, and east of San Diego CA has a multitude of good wineries to sample too. I'll have to check on
the Harvest Host thing, I think good wineries are springing up all over the country, so "Sample On"!