Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #1

Wraping it up

Well I am getting ready to head back down to the lower 48 after six weeks in Alaska. Got back in to Tok this afternoon and will spend two nights before heading on back down the Alcan. Got to stock on groceries and do some housekeeping then back out on the open road back to Sunny Southern Arizona. It could take another month as I will stop in Montana to see family and friends and maybe the same in western Colorado.

The absolute worst road I have driven on this entire trip is the Tok cutoff. Heave and buckles for miles and miles. Worse even than the stretch in the Yukon everyone complains about. So far no problems with tires, truck or trailer but I still have a ways to go yet.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #2

Made it back down Tok to Hardin Mt in 5 long days running 10 to 12 hrs each day. Just me and the dog so just gas and pee breaks all the way. Camped overnight in Whitehorse, Toad River, Dawson Creek and Bassano Ab.
Going to stay in Hardin for a week visiting my brother and then on home to sunny southern Arizona.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote