Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #21

Little Big Horn Battlefield, I did not schedule enough time there.[/QUOTE]

There is a park ranger, former school teacher, that gives an excellent talk on Custer and his last stand. His lecture is at least an hour long. His presentation was excellent and the time went by so quickly. Walking around and seeing the markers where Custers men fell is quite an experience. You almost feel their presence, walking on sacred land.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #22

Iggy were you the guy who got a dash cover for your rv dash. I think we have the same GT model,,who did you order it from and what was the Model #.

Dogpound
North Alabama
Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Iggy were you the guy who got a dash cover for your rv dash. I think we have the same GT model,,who did you order it from and what was the Model #.
Dogpound
North Alabama
Sent you a PM with the information.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #24

Go over the mountain

I agree with DSQR take 16 to buffalo . My wife and I made the same trip last year ... some of our best ( okay , alot of our good ) pictures came from that drive . We had the misfortune of believing that first come first serve actually meant that ... we ended up staying about 30 miles east of Yellowstone . (We are new to this business ).
We came north from The Grand Canyon , through Zion ( wish we had more time there ) on our way to Bryce canyon ( wish we had more time there )(go through the tunnel... it costs 15 bucks but it's worth it ) I don't remember what order things came in , but Park city Utah was interesting ... the winter olympic training facility is there along with a good place to get your oil changed . When you get to Mt. Rushmore , If you don't need fancy and you want a fun... scary drive ... go through the Custer State Park to Wind Cave National Park , that was fun ! We stayed at the wind cave np campground ( no nothing ) The cave was fun . From there we saw Rushmore and Crazy Horse ... From there we were chased home by severe thunderstorms all the way to NC . WE did take time to see the Badlands.
lbmaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:30 PM   #25

I'm looking to reverse your trip Iggy....heading west after Goshen. I expect a full report and slide presentaation at the rally.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #26

Hi Iggy
We are going to be in Yellowstone until July 12 and then heading to Bozemen Mt where our 2 grand daughters will fly home from. (You remember them from the Niagra trip). From there we are heading to an adorable town we stumbled upon 2 years ago (Darby Mt) where we will stay 1 week. From there we are going to head east towards Goshen across North Dakota and into Wisconsin then to the upper peninsula of MI and down to Goshen. 2 years ago we routed through Chicago and will NEVER do that again. I will go 1000 miles out of my way to avoid it to get to Goshen. Maybe our paths will cross but for sure we will see you in Goshen.
Donna & Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #27

Hi Donna and Marty
You will have to tell where you are in the picture to refresh my memory.
Sounds like we may be travelling the same route. I will be travelling with another Georgetown couple. It would be nice to get a small caravan together as we will also be taking our time to Goshen.
Take a look at these pictures to identify yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
Hi Iggy
We are going to be in Yellowstone until July 12 and then heading to Bozemen Mt where our 2 grand daughters will fly home from. (You remember them from the Niagra trip). From there we are heading to an adorable town we stumbled upon 2 years ago (Darby Mt) where we will stay 1 week. From there we are going to head east towards Goshen across North Dakota and into Wisconsin then to the upper peninsula of MI and down to Goshen. 2 years ago we routed through Chicago and will NEVER do that again. I will go 1000 miles out of my way to avoid it to get to Goshen. Maybe our paths will cross but for sure we will see you in Goshen.
Donna & Marty

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping 003.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	101286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping 069.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	101287  
Old 03-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #28

We will also be spending time in ND on our way towards Goshen. We will be in ND 7/20 thru 7/26, +/-. Then WI, UP, and Sault Saint Marie for the week of 7/3

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #29

Ok.... Sault Saint Marie from 7/31 to 8/7.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #30

My grand daughter is right up front and my other one is in the row behind. I am right in front and Donna (I believe -not having the picture in front of me) is next to my older grand daughter.

We will be in Yellowstone from July 6 to 12 staying right inside the park at the Fishing Bridge campground. Before that we are in Jackson Hole the moving to Coulter Bay in Grand Tetons on July 2 to 6.

Maybe at some point we can get together. Looking forward to it

Marty

Old 03-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #31

I think those are the two girls that liked our grandson, Cole. He is red shirt, back row.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #32

just wondering if any of you have taken rt 26 from grand teton to interstate 80 and head back east. planning on heading out interstate 90 from new york to yellowstone. looking for a differant way back thanks
Doug B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I think those are the two girls that liked our grandson, Cole. He is red shirt, back row.

That was my 2 grand daughters that liked being with Cole. We remember him well.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:26 PM   #34
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy-rick View Post
If you are traveling from Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore you might want to include the Custer Battlefield and Devil's Tower in your itinerary. As a history buff I really, really enjoyed seeing the Custer Battlefield.

Rick

You are so right about that! I was in tears, after listening to the story of the battle, and walking around the area looking at the grave markers. The park Ranger who told us the story, had a great great grandfather who was buried on that hill. So sad!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #35

There is a very nice campground adjoining the battlefield called 7th Calvary Ranch. Get location for visiting the area.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
just wondering if any of you have taken rt 26 from grand teton to interstate 80 and head back east. planning on heading out interstate 90 from new york to yellowstone. looking for a differant way back thanks
Doug

Going west bound to Yellowstone on I-90 is no big deal but you never mentioned which entrance you will enter Yellowstone. I ask because I have heard the east entrance and the SE entrance roads are difficult with a motorhome and toad. Also the Main entrance on the North which is the original main entrance I have driven I wouldn't drive in that way.
So I do like coming in from the south going into the Grand Tetons and I also like the West Entrance in W Yellowstone.
Are you planning to stay inside the park? Where?

I took this route going into the Grand Tetons to the South Entrance to Yellowstone a few years ago.
Rt 26 is good. Not an interstate but a typical 2 lane route but no mountains to go over.
The route going south out Jackson Hole will take you around the mountain and head you to Idaho Fall then south on Interstate 15 to Salt Lake City where you hit I-80 east. This part is all 4 lane.

Hope this helps you
Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
It's not a bad road, but if heading back to NY, why not take 191 down to I-80? Going via 26 adds on a few hundred miles.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
It's not a bad road, but if heading back to NY, why not take 191 down to I-80? Going via 26 adds on a few hundred miles.
You have me confused f5moab, for someone going east the shorter route from the Tetons is hwy 26 down to 287 and that down to I-80 at Rawlins, WY. Your hwy 191 route would be better for someone going west.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #39

IGGY thanks for the info we are just in the planning stage for a trip in 2017. We were thinking about entering the east side and staying in the park maybe fishing bridge that way we could see more off the park and then head back towards NY on a differant route
Doug B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
You have me confused f5moab, for someone going east the shorter route from the Tetons is hwy 26 down to 287 and that down to I-80 at Rawlins, WY. Your hwy 191 route would be better for someone going west.
I was referring to the quote from the post before mine that stated:
"The route going south out Jackson Hole will take you around the mountain and head you to Idaho Fall then south on Interstate 15 to Salt Lake City where you hit I-80 east. This part is all 4 lane."

That's why I suggested Hwy 191 to I-80.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog