Old 03-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #21

Little Big Horn Battlefield, I did not schedule enough time there.[/QUOTE]

There is a park ranger, former school teacher, that gives an excellent talk on Custer and his last stand. His lecture is at least an hour long. His presentation was excellent and the time went by so quickly. Walking around and seeing the markers where Custers men fell is quite an experience. You almost feel their presence, walking on sacred land.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #22

Iggy were you the guy who got a dash cover for your rv dash. I think we have the same GT model,,who did you order it from and what was the Model #.

Dogpound
North Alabama

Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Iggy were you the guy who got a dash cover for your rv dash. I think we have the same GT model,,who did you order it from and what was the Model #.
Dogpound
North Alabama
Sent you a PM with the information.
Iggy

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #24

Go over the mountain

I agree with DSQR take 16 to buffalo . My wife and I made the same trip last year ... some of our best ( okay , alot of our good ) pictures came from that drive . We had the misfortune of believing that first come first serve actually meant that ... we ended up staying about 30 miles east of Yellowstone . (We are new to this business ).
We came north from The Grand Canyon , through Zion ( wish we had more time there ) on our way to Bryce canyon ( wish we had more time there )(go through the tunnel... it costs 15 bucks but it's worth it ) I don't remember what order things came in , but Park city Utah was interesting ... the winter olympic training facility is there along with a good place to get your oil changed . When you get to Mt. Rushmore , If you don't need fancy and you want a fun... scary drive ... go through the Custer State Park to Wind Cave National Park , that was fun ! We stayed at the wind cave np campground ( no nothing ) The cave was fun . From there we saw Rushmore and Crazy Horse ... From there we were chased home by severe thunderstorms all the way to NC . WE did take time to see the Badlands.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:30 PM   #25

I'm looking to reverse your trip Iggy....heading west after Goshen. I expect a full report and slide presentaation at the rally.
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #26

Hi Iggy
We are going to be in Yellowstone until July 12 and then heading to Bozemen Mt where our 2 grand daughters will fly home from. (You remember them from the Niagra trip). From there we are heading to an adorable town we stumbled upon 2 years ago (Darby Mt) where we will stay 1 week. From there we are going to head east towards Goshen across North Dakota and into Wisconsin then to the upper peninsula of MI and down to Goshen. 2 years ago we routed through Chicago and will NEVER do that again. I will go 1000 miles out of my way to avoid it to get to Goshen. Maybe our paths will cross but for sure we will see you in Goshen.
Donna & Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #27

Hi Donna and Marty
You will have to tell where you are in the picture to refresh my memory.
Sounds like we may be travelling the same route. I will be travelling with another Georgetown couple. It would be nice to get a small caravan together as we will also be taking our time to Goshen.
Take a look at these pictures to identify yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
Hi Iggy
We are going to be in Yellowstone until July 12 and then heading to Bozemen Mt where our 2 grand daughters will fly home from. (You remember them from the Niagra trip). From there we are heading to an adorable town we stumbled upon 2 years ago (Darby Mt) where we will stay 1 week. From there we are going to head east towards Goshen across North Dakota and into Wisconsin then to the upper peninsula of MI and down to Goshen. 2 years ago we routed through Chicago and will NEVER do that again. I will go 1000 miles out of my way to avoid it to get to Goshen. Maybe our paths will cross but for sure we will see you in Goshen.
Donna & Marty

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping 003.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	101286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping 069.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	101287  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #28

We will also be spending time in ND on our way towards Goshen. We will be in ND 7/20 thru 7/26, +/-. Then WI, UP, and Sault Saint Marie for the week of 7/3

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #29

Ok.... Sault Saint Marie from 7/31 to 8/7.

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #30

My grand daughter is right up front and my other one is in the row behind. I am right in front and Donna (I believe -not having the picture in front of me) is next to my older grand daughter.

We will be in Yellowstone from July 6 to 12 staying right inside the park at the Fishing Bridge campground. Before that we are in Jackson Hole the moving to Coulter Bay in Grand Tetons on July 2 to 6.

Maybe at some point we can get together. Looking forward to it

Marty

Tags
frog