Old 04-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #11
Site Team
I agree with others, Fishing Bridge is OK if you want full hookups.
No camp fires allowed there.
No soft side trailer allowed there due to bears.
That means if you have a canvas slider, you can't slide it out.
The pay showers were immaculate and cleaned twice a day.
It's a parking lot with trailers literally almost touching but it is
sorta "centrally" located in this HUGE park.

Many folks don't realize how big YNP actually is.
We used the CG as a home base and rode to a different corner
of the park each day.

Reservations are absolutely necessary in season and must be made
several months in advance.

Happy Camping!!

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
One day this is my dream trip. i live in East Tennessee so it's just a little too far for a 2 week vacation. i'm thinking at least 3 preferable 4 weeks to do the trip and really enjoy it. It'll be a long time from now when i can get that kind of time off of work though. I'll tell you,i'm jealous of the people that can do this full time. i'd be in heaven just traveling the country with no particular place to be or time to be there. i used to drive a truck over the road for a while and I got paid to see most of the country and was able to go to some pretty nice places. Denver, California, Niagara Falls, all up and down the east coast but it's just not the same as doing it cause you want to.
it's funny how life gets in the way of your plans. Some days i'd like to just give it all up and just walk away from the daily routine and really live.
If any of you have ever seen the movie,"into the wild", you'll know what i'm talking about. For those that havent seen it, I think it will change your way of thinking of how we live our lives.

I like the movie. I don't see myself walking away from life (as I know it) anytime soon. I like to be alone sometimes...but not often. I'd go nutty as squirrel dukie!

Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
Yellowstone, we did it last year as a family... kids 4 and 7. Tons of wildlife to see. Buffallo everywhere, even in the road with INSANE people gong near them. Sulfer, exploding holes in the ground everywhere...rotten eggs, as my kids would call it. We even saw a pack of wolves, elk galore and beware, an overturned trailer from not watching the road, sharp drop offs along the sides of narrow road. Tons of traffic. We stayed in west yellowstone and hoteled it. (no trailer then)
Sorry to admit it but I can only take so much scenery and 2 days in the park was enough for me. A must is CODY, WY to the east, Buffalo Bill Historical Museum. The alternate route from Cody to Sheridan on highway 14 (?) is unreal. STRAIGHT UP and curvy but unbelievable. Elk and Moose and no one around. Then if you are heading there in July, a must is the Sheridan WYO rodeo. Awesome small town rodeo with National Champions... and I am not a cowgirl.
In the other direction, hit the Lewis and Clark Caverns. Mighty hike up a hill to get to them in the heat but well, well worth it! Bozeman, MT is also a treasure with a great Dinosaur Museum, the Museum of the Rockies.
By the way, there is a webcam of Old Faithful that shows it going off, you can get online (we have verizon broadband wireless) and see when the next shoot will happen without getting there and waiting 90 minutes for the time to come. (Can you tell I have ADHD?)
BS & JS & the boys
Liberty Lake, WA
"Go Griz"
New2ROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #14
Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
We are planning a 3 week trip from Memphis, TN. We will stop Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower, and Cody. We will spend a week in Yellowstone and then head home via Grand Canyon way. At Yellowstone, we are staying at Wagon Wheel Camp ground in West Yellowstone. Full hookups for $36 a night. I have been told to be prepared for all weather conditions which at a moments notice.

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote