Old 04-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #21
Have FUN!!!!!! We did the trip Green Bay to Yellowstone with our kids (2,3) two years ago and hoping to do it again this fall or next year if we can make it work. It was soooo much fun. Tetons to the south or Glacier to the north would of been fun but I had everything preplaned and it worked out good. We caught a rodeo in Sheradan that was fun but my little suggestion to everyone is Blue Bell campground in Custer. We stayed in Custer on the way home, the wilderness loop is awesome when you find the animals. I highly suggest checking out a the Chuckwagon ride, it was a wagon ride ride and cook out. Have a safe fun Trip!!!!!

2013 Sabre Silhouette 320FQDS
2010 Puma 26FBSS (TT sold)
2007 2500HD Silverado Classic Crew Cab 6.5 box

B&W companion slider
cronek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #22
Originally Posted by lonewolf465 View Post
If you are from Missouri, I would suggest that you make the Black Hills a destination for a future trip. There is too much to see. Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, Jewel Cave National Monument, Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles Highway, Spearfish Canyon--the list goes on. If traveling I90 on the way to Yellowstone, consider Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument (Custer Battlefield) if you are into history.
I'd have to agree with lonewolf. We stayed 9 days in Custer last summer, and hardly scratched the surface. Plan another trip to the Black Hills.

Eric, Tara, and most of China
2013 Camping Nights: 2
2014 Camping nights: 31
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #23
We did the trip in 2012. Stayed at Rapid City Koa. Wished we'd stayed closer to Rushmore. So much to do and see. Moved on from there to Cody, Wyoming Koa so we could visit Old Faithful. Took the 3 hr. drive to Montana to see sight of Custer's last stand. Took our time and still didn't see all there was to see. If your going up I90 stop try the side loop thru the bad lands. Don't forget to stop at the "Oldest Wal Drugs" - it's a tourist trap but a great place to stretch your legs. So much to see and do. I want to go again.
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #24
Take a look at my DW's website on some of the spots we hit on our trips to Yellowstone in 2011 and 2012.

Travel Log

In 2012 we took I-80 west to Rawlins then took hwy 789 north to Dubios where we stayed a few days before moving on to West Yellowstone.

2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote

« i75 | Watkins glen »