Old 12-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDON View Post
As mentioned in post #15, set your furnace low and use blankets to stay warm. However, if in a campground, run an 120VAC heater. Use your propane plus the electric heater, then after your cabin is up to a comfortable temp turn your 'tstat down to about 50, let the electric heater maintain your temp. Furnace will kick in if it gets too cold inside. Open your cabinets doors to let warm air get to your plumbing. We've camped in +15 with no problems. If its going to be down there for a few days then we head south! Expect snow at south rim and anywhere inbetween. Allow enough time to get off the road by 3pm this time of year. Look up an app called "Alstays". Sounds like you are military? If so, check out the famcamps along the way. Feel free to ask any questions of any of us.
-the open cabinets suggestion sounds great - i never thought about that! Definitely will be doing that.

- definitely using our household portable heater - but i think i'll try to plug directly into the shore power dock if possible - plus our trailer is equipped with one of those fancy electric fireplaces that seems to generate heat fairly well.

- I'll make sure to download the alstays app tonight and play around with it! And yes sir - I am military...heading back to NC from the Bay area California.
I'm assuming Famcamps are the RV/camp areas on military installations?

All_Things_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote