Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #1

Red face 1st time toy-hauler owner / user need to some help!

Come to find out there's no manual . Don't want to sound stupid but need some help on how to operate all the basic . We've towed the trailer just fine but go out on our 1st trip next week there will be no hook ups at this camp site . Can any1 help or where can I look to find out step by step how to start everything up like filling up the water and using everything at camp site fridge,stove ect thanks!
Sandpiper 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #2

Ok here is what I do. I will tell you first I also have a toy hauler with a built it generator and I boondock camp about 99% of the time go which no hookup a of any kind. I have 106 gallons if fresh water which there is a connection on your hauler that says city water connection that is not how you fill the tank but there is another cap right next to it that I think says fresh water fill. I like to start my fridge at least two days before I go to get good and cold for food. Which I plug it in to my house and all you have to do is push the on and auto button on your fridge. So that should get your started before the trip. When I get to where I am going. First get hauler where you want it level and stabilize with the corner stabilizers. Next I will turn on my propane and go in and turn on the burners to get the propane through the camper once there is good flames I will shut them off and then to start the fridge and run it on propane press to ON and I choose to just leave my auto/propane on propane which you don't have to press that one button out for propane. Then I will usually start my generator make sure it's all good. All in all takes me about 20 minutes or so to get set up. You will get a routine going that will be perfect for you. And for most everything else inside my wife will take care as I get the rest outside set up. Good luck.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #3

Thank you very much this has been very helpful ! Let me ask we are going out for 3 days I think our water tank is as big as your do you think we should be ok on taking a couple quick showers a day and do the dishes quickly
Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #4

We purchased a used unit with no manuals. I noted the brand/model of each appliance/product and was able to find many of the manuals online. I think the exception was Suburban though send an email to the company listing the products and within 24 hours they send PDFs of the manuals. Also this site rocks; similar approach searching based on the question often result in previous posts with a wealth of information. We had an issue with our fridge and research here allowed me to understand its operation and determine what I was doing wrong.

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper 06
Thank you very much this has been very helpful ! Let me ask we are going out for 3 days I think our water tank is as big as your do you think we should be ok on taking a couple quick showers a day and do the dishes quickly
Yes you will be fine taking showers. It's just me and the wife and that is how long we went was on three day weekend trips. Between both of us we would take 4-5 showers a weekend and that much water is more than enough. And my wife would do the dishes twice if not three or four times and would fill the sink and it was plenty of water. Just make sure when you take showers to use the on/off method with the water. You won't use much water that way. And besides if you tried to run the water the whole time you would run out of hot water quick. And something we do and not sure if you have a generator but we run the generator when we take showers then the pump doesn't use the battery and it seems to give better pressure for a good shower.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #6

Very very helpful thank u . And yes we have a generator I will keep that in mind when taking a shower if u think of any thing else feel free to post thanks again
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Hi Sandpiper 06

Welcome to the forums! I have to agree that too! Your campsite neighbors are a great resource to tap into when necessary. RVers are friendly and willing to help.

Good luck!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote