Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 08:56 PM   #1

1st time TT owners

HI! I'm Dan and my wife is Jill. My wife and I purchased our TT on 9/30 and we celebrated our 14 wedding anniversary breaking it in last weekend traveling to Anacortes, WA. I grew up camping in Apache pop-ups & tents but this is all new for my wife. We are now that we are "empty nesters" and plan on using it as often as we can. I have two hunting dogs (yellow labs for upland & waterfowl) which my wife does her best to spoil so "dog friendly" sites are a requirement.

We purchased a Rainier 268RKS which is made by FR but specially for the Poulsbo RV dealer here in the Pacific NW. Its basically the Vibe 268RKS but includes all the options as standard features. Biggest cosmetic difference is the propane tanks are not inside the cap.

I'm a techno geek by nature so I found myself upgrading the TT immediately after taking possession. I removed the std 32" HD TV and had to install a 44" UHD smart TV and mounted it on a full movement arm so I can lounge and enjoy some sports while we camp (glamp). I can even annoy the wife by casting my work files up and use it as a oversized monitor. LOL

Also, after our "maiden"voyage, I had to change out the short queen for a memory foam standard queen as I am 6'4" and hated my toes/feet hanging off the end. Supposed to be comfortable and enjoy the RV life right?

Seattle, WA
2017 Rainier 268RKS by FR
2014 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW FX4
Fastway e2 WD hitch w/ 2-Point Sway Control - Round - 10,000 lbs GTW, 1,000 lbs TW
danheit98125 is offline   Reply With Quote