Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
ladywendolyn

2003 Forrest River Shamrock 21 ft

Hello,
We just purchaced a 2003 21 foot Shamrock. We wanted something that we could pull with our van. The UVW on this unit states 2550 pounds. and had only been used three times since new by freinds of ours who owned it. They loved the idea of a trailer but hardly used it . . . much to our benifit as it looks brand new in and out.
It seems the 21 ft units have gotten much heavier since 2003, but I am glad we bought this one. We gave away our tent trailer after sleeping in the car in our last trip due to heavy rain. I love the option of just pulling up and climbing into the trailer without opening the wings.
Our major concerns right now are that we have to buy everything for this trailer as we gave it all away with our tent trailer.
I am happy to find a site with people who own the same brand of trailer us we have bought.

We are Canadians and plan to use the camper a lot as we are often in the usa, both summer and winter
ladywendolyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
ARLO

Welcome to the forum. If you are from Ontario and want to try a couple of good camprounds, I suggest Golden Hill State park and Brennan Beach Camping Resort. Golden Hill is about 20 miles east of Niagara Falls, NY. It is a great place to relax and take it easy. Waterfront sites are available. It is also very close to the NY Niagara winery trail. Brennan Beach is about 30 miles south of Watertown on Route 3, at the east end of Lake Ontario. 2000 feet of sand beach, 1900 sites, 3 pools and many, many activities.

We love both of them.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
CampeRooo

1900 sites?
wholly smokes!
: )

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #4

1900 sites?!!!!!
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #5

Welcome to the website!

I also have a 2003 Shamrock (25BH). We had graduated from tent to popup, and then the hybrid (in 2007). Haven't had any issues other then leaking front bunkend door. Forest River has a field fix kit free of charge, if you find you have this problem. You can read find out more about this under the "General Expandable Discussion" group on this website.

Regards,
Tom
2011 Ford F150 (XLT) (5.0L 4x4)
2003 Shamrock 25BH
RetiredNavy02 is offline   Reply With Quote