Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

2008 Surveyor 263

I have been a member of this great forum for a couple of weeks now, and just bought our new Surveyor about 2 weeks ago. Just thought I would post some pictures of our new unit, and 1 picture with it beside our Trailmanor, which has now been sold.

Chap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2008 024.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Surveyor 006.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2008 022.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2008 017.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2008 014.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1100  

MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice. We love our Surveyor. I bet you will love yours too!!
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #3

Nice unit we love pictures here
Old 08-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #4

mtnguy, we looked at this same trailer Friday afternoon, and fell in love with it. How do you like yours? Would you recommend buying this model? Have you had any problems with your trailer?

Thanks for any information.

Debbie
debdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdirty View Post
mtnguy, we looked at this same trailer Friday afternoon, and fell in love with it. How do you like yours? Would you recommend buying this Model? Have you had any problems with your trailer?

Thanks for any information.

Debbie
Debbie, we really like this unit. My wife fell in love with all of the windows around the living area. It tows sweet. The trailer is still very usable with the slide in the closed position.....which was important to us for lunch stops and such. We have slept 5 in it but that is really tight living quarters. The dinette and sofa are rated to sleep 2 each, but that is pushing it.....and I think that is the same size as in most campers. When we slept 5, there were 2 in the queen bed, 1 each on the sofa and dinnette, and 1 on the floor in between. 4 people could be comfortable staying in it, but not 5 adults. Kids would fit better.

As in most raked frontal trailers, there is no true night stand.

There is no 12v recepticle near the TV stand at the dinette.

We had to put a velcro on the rear dinette seatback to keep it in the upright position.

It is tight getting by if someone working in the kitchen.....but makes things interesting with my wife. Overall, the kitchen is very functionable.

Because of all of the windows in back taking up other usable space, some other 28 footers seem to have more storage room and kitchen counter space. The SV 264 is the same sized trailer, but it seems to have more counter and storage space. But when we back up to a river, lake, or woods, we really like that back window. Now, if you are back to back with another camper, the shades go down and the window is useless. But we have not regretted getting this model over the SV 264.

It is a lot bigger than my previous Trailmanor, so I have had to learn to tow all over again. We tow with a fairly long wheelbase (145") F150 rated at 9300 lbs., and the SV 263 is about the maximum as what I would want to tow with that. the unit is light for a 28 footer.....around 4700 lbs. coming back from the dealer, and 5500 lbs. ready to camp. It has a gross of 7559 lbs., so I am a still a ton under gross....plenty of wiggle room just in case I decide to carry more stuff.

It has a heavy tongue weight, which is great for towing, but a good WHD and sway control is needed for most vehicles.

The problems to date have been minor, and all have been fixed under warranty with no complaints by my dealer. the replaced a binding tongue jack, faulty GFI, fixed a loss wire in the thermostat, fixed the slide that closed too far, and a couple of other items.

Hope this helps and keep us posted.

And BTW..... to the forum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote