Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #1

2008 wildwood 27rlssle

Hi all,
Just ordered our first tt. Quite a step up from the old tent trailer. 2 1/2 weeks into a 5 week delivery time right now and spent the afternoon with a tape measure in the driveway figuring where it will go. (slide open, slide closed etc, wife thinks I'm nuts). A guy I work with has a 2007 with a diff floorplan and he's had no issues yet so it sounded all right. Used this site for some research and now that I've got one I thought I should sign up. Pics will be on in 3 weeks!!

Lorne
Fraser Lake, B.C.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #2

Congrats on the new unit and welcome to the site.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #3

to the forum!!

Congrats on the upcoming rig!!

dig the sig!! (Snoopy rocks!)

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Hi all,
Just ordered our first tt. Quite a step up from the old tent trailer. 2 1/2 weeks into a 5 week delivery time right now and spent the afternoon with a tape measure in the driveway figuring where it will go. (slide open, slide closed etc, wife thinks I'm nuts). A guy I work with has a 2007 with a diff floorplan and he's had no issues yet so it sounded all right. Used this site for some research and now that I've got one I thought I should sign up. Pics will be on in 3 weeks!!

Lorne
Fraser Lake, B.C.
Tell the wife that the Destination Point Tape Measurement (DPTM) ritual is a standard and very important procedure according to info you received on the internet (which I guess this qualifies as, so its not really lying) and that according to the internet, she should value this important work you're doing and give you sweet sweet lovin' for it.

PS: Let us know if that line works.

Hehee, Welcome from the right coast Bronco

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #5

You should also mark your exact parking spot (trailer outline, tires, chock-blocks, slide-out, jack.......) with duct tape or something similar. That'd be WAY cool.......

greg
Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #6

Duck tape on a driveway? Holy-liftin' Greg you must live in the one trailer park in Texas that tornadoes didn't touch. Bronco, the correct method of outlining your trailer spot in your driveway is Fleurescent spray paint, orange preferably unless it clashes with your housecolour. Tape and spray a 3" wide outline. Be neat, or else the neighbours might complain.

The bonus to this is you'll know when it's missing.

PS, tell your wife this is something else you read on the internet..... if it turns out nice, there'll be more good lovin' in it for you. You can thank us for that later.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Duck tape on a driveway? Holy-liftin' Greg you must live in the one trailer park in Texas that tornadoes didn't touch.
Well, my trailer is parked in the back yard. And no tornados... (yet). Does that count?

Quote:
Bronco, the correct method of outlining your trailer spot in your driveway is Fleurescent spray paint, orange preferably unless it clashes with your housecolour. Tape and spray a 3" wide outline. Be neat, or else the neighbours might complain.

The bonus to this is you'll know when it's missing.

PS, tell your wife this is something else you read on the internet..... if it turns out nice, there'll be more good lovin' in it for you. You can thank us for that later.

I must admit that the florescent paint idea is much better than duct tape, plus it is WAY more permenant. I was just thinking that every man had tape in his garage and it would be readily available.

Florescent paint. YEP. That would be the way to go. Orange or maybe Green.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #8

Green fleurescent paint is nice for driveway marking for sure, but kinda show-offy.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #9

No-can-do on the driveway markings. Already got my boat parked pretty much on the neighbours lawn beside our house and if he new what was gonna be in the driveway (or mostly in the driveway ,i should say) He might make me move it. As far as sweet lovin from the wife goes, well, dont need the internet, thats what the trailer is for...... Remeber, I used to have a tent trailer LOL
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #10

If you got sweet sweet lovin' in a tent trailer, solid walls will be HEAVEN!! Keep the blinds up will ya, we may be your neighbors.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Green fleurescent paint is nice for driveway marking for sure, but kinda show-offy.
Green is a bit on the "show-offy" side for sure... But hey. It is a NEW rig right?

Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #12

Quote:
No-can-do on the driveway markings. Already got my boat parked pretty much on the neighbours lawn beside our house and if he new what was gonna be in the driveway (or mostly in the driveway ,i should say) He might make me move it.
Ummmmm......... What's he gonna do when this big giant RV shows up in your driveway??

Quote:
As far as sweet lovin from the wife goes, well, dont need the internet, thats what the trailer is for...... Remeber, I used to have a tent trailer LOL

Quote:
If you got sweet sweet lovin' in a tent trailer, solid walls will be HEAVEN!! Keep the blinds up will ya, we may be your neighbors.

Heck ya man!! SOLID walls!!!

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #13

I'm worried that when the tt hits the driveway he's gonna say that if I've got enough room for that then I've got enough room for my boat too and he'll make me move the boat. Which would mean that I've got to drop some hedges in the front yard to be able to get to the other side of the house with the boat. Hopefully with the amount of hours that I am at work and the amount of time on my days off that I plan to be gone camping, He'll never see me to be able to tell me to move it........
By the way, heres a question, since I've never actually seen my trailer, where are the water tranks located in relation to the axles? do they tend to be more at the rear or the front or split right over them? Just curious as I am wondering if a fuul fresh tank really affects hitch weight or is it only a fraction. The trailer dry is 6500# on paper and my truck is rated for 10300# according to the manual so i'm not too worried about it for the tow load but the hitch weight may be questionable. I'll find out on my own eventually but till i get it here was just wondering if anyone had an idea.
Later

Me
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #14

Trailer Update..............
Off the assembly line today and has been offocoally assigned a serial number, should be at the dealer in a couple of days according to salesman.

Further updates will be updated as soon as they are updated.......
Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #15

Quote:
By the way, heres a question, since I've never actually seen my trailer, where are the water tranks located in relation to the axles? do they tend to be more at the rear or the front or split right over them? Just curious as I am wondering if a fuul fresh tank really affects hitch weight or is it only a fraction.
Not sure, that's a good question. My current Thor has the fresh tank all the way in the rear but my old Prowler had it located up front just past the axles. Something to ask the dealer??

What's the pin weight dry? How large is the tank? I rarely travel with much water in mine but that's just me. I fill it up and treat it while it's at the house and dump most out before I go anywhere. I leave just enough for bathroom breaks and hand washing.