Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
2008 wildwood 27rlssle

Hi all,
Just ordered our first tt. Quite a step up from the old tent trailer. 2 1/2 weeks into a 5 week delivery time right now and spent the afternoon with a tape measure in the driveway figuring where it will go. (slide open, slide closed etc, wife thinks I'm nuts). A guy I work with has a 2007 with a diff floorplan and he's had no issues yet so it sounded all right. Used this site for some research and now that I've got one I thought I should sign up. Pics will be on in 3 weeks!!

Lorne
Fraser Lake, B.C.
__________________

__________________
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Quad-steer
Soon to be here.....
2008 Wildwood 27RLSSLE
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
MRimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,067
Congrats on the new unit and welcome to the site.


Mike
__________________

__________________
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Justin, Tx
Posts: 2,671
to the forum!!

Congrats on the upcoming rig!!

dig the sig!! (Snoopy rocks!)

greg
__________________
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
welshman599's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Quispamsis NB Canada
Posts: 1,026
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Hi all,
Just ordered our first tt. Quite a step up from the old tent trailer. 2 1/2 weeks into a 5 week delivery time right now and spent the afternoon with a tape measure in the driveway figuring where it will go. (slide open, slide closed etc, wife thinks I'm nuts). A guy I work with has a 2007 with a diff floorplan and he's had no issues yet so it sounded all right. Used this site for some research and now that I've got one I thought I should sign up. Pics will be on in 3 weeks!!

Lorne
Fraser Lake, B.C.
Tell the wife that the Destination Point Tape Measurement (DPTM) ritual is a standard and very important procedure according to info you received on the internet (which I guess this qualifies as, so its not really lying) and that according to the internet, she should value this important work you're doing and give you sweet sweet lovin' for it.

PS: Let us know if that line works.

Hehee, Welcome from the right coast Bronco
__________________
  • Salem 401-2b; 31" Sony Trinitron and two channels on the antenna.
  • Smokin' hot wife... 2 boys, 25 and 10.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Justin, Tx
Posts: 2,671
You should also mark your exact parking spot (trailer outline, tires, chock-blocks, slide-out, jack.......) with duct tape or something similar. That'd be WAY cool.......



greg
__________________
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
welshman599's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Quispamsis NB Canada
Posts: 1,026
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Duck tape on a driveway? Holy-liftin' Greg you must live in the one trailer park in Texas that tornadoes didn't touch. Bronco, the correct method of outlining your trailer spot in your driveway is Fleurescent spray paint, orange preferably unless it clashes with your housecolour. Tape and spray a 3" wide outline. Be neat, or else the neighbours might complain.

The bonus to this is you'll know when it's missing.

PS, tell your wife this is something else you read on the internet..... if it turns out nice, there'll be more good lovin' in it for you. You can thank us for that later.
__________________
  • Salem 401-2b; 31" Sony Trinitron and two channels on the antenna.
  • Smokin' hot wife... 2 boys, 25 and 10.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Justin, Tx
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Duck tape on a driveway? Holy-liftin' Greg you must live in the one trailer park in Texas that tornadoes didn't touch.
Well, my trailer is parked in the back yard. And no tornados... (yet). Does that count?



Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Bronco, the correct method of outlining your trailer spot in your driveway is Fleurescent spray paint, orange preferably unless it clashes with your housecolour. Tape and spray a 3" wide outline. Be neat, or else the neighbours might complain.

The bonus to this is you'll know when it's missing.

PS, tell your wife this is something else you read on the internet..... if it turns out nice, there'll be more good lovin' in it for you. You can thank us for that later.

I must admit that the florescent paint idea is much better than duct tape, plus it is WAY more permenant. I was just thinking that every man had tape in his garage and it would be readily available.

Florescent paint. YEP. That would be the way to go. Orange or maybe Green.


__________________
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
welshman599's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Quispamsis NB Canada
Posts: 1,026
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Green fleurescent paint is nice for driveway marking for sure, but kinda show-offy.
__________________
  • Salem 401-2b; 31" Sony Trinitron and two channels on the antenna.
  • Smokin' hot wife... 2 boys, 25 and 10.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
No-can-do on the driveway markings. Already got my boat parked pretty much on the neighbours lawn beside our house and if he new what was gonna be in the driveway (or mostly in the driveway ,i should say) He might make me move it. As far as sweet lovin from the wife goes, well, dont need the internet, thats what the trailer is for...... Remeber, I used to have a tent trailer LOL
__________________
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Quad-steer
Soon to be here.....
2008 Wildwood 27RLSSLE
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
welshman599's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Quispamsis NB Canada
Posts: 1,026
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
If you got sweet sweet lovin' in a tent trailer, solid walls will be HEAVEN!! Keep the blinds up will ya, we may be your neighbors.
__________________

__________________
  • Salem 401-2b; 31" Sony Trinitron and two channels on the antenna.
  • Smokin' hot wife... 2 boys, 25 and 10.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.