Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1

2011 2306 off to a rough start

hi folks,

we just bought a 2011 2306 last week and have needed to bring it back for repairs already!!

we're really worried that this is a sign-of-things-to-come! there was water leaks around the antenna crank and somehow water was pooling around the front cargo area.

before we bought sales guy said "tight as a drum", "never leaked"... when we returned it asking them to address the leaks after it sat in our driveway for only 6 days he said "all trailers leak - its just something you need to deal with"!!
WHAT?!!

i was pretty upset (a) that it leaked after we only had it for 6 days and (b) the sales guys attitude.

they're looking at the trailer now but we're worried that our upgrade from our hybrid to solid trailer isn't going as smooth as we had hoped.

from what i've read here there are many 2306 owners - i'm looking for some reassurance that we didn't do the wrong thing here!

Rick

Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2306Rick View Post
hi folks,

we just bought a 2011 2306 last week and have needed to bring it back for repairs already!!

we're really worried that this is a sign-of-things-to-come! there was water leaks around the antenna crank and somehow water was pooling around the front cargo area.

before we bought sales guy said "tight as a drum", "never leaked"... when we returned it asking them to address the leaks after it sat in our driveway for only 6 days he said "all trailers leak - its just something you need to deal with"!!
WHAT?!!

i was pretty upset (a) that it leaked after we only had it for 6 days and (b) the sales guys attitude.

they're looking at the trailer now but we're worried that our upgrade from our hybrid to solid trailer isn't going as smooth as we had hoped.

from what i've read here there are many 2306 owners - i'm looking for some reassurance that we didn't do the wrong thing here!

Rick
to the forums! I wish you came with better news but hopefully the matter will be taken care of and you can enjoy your trailer and stay dry too. Do you have any type of warranty period? I have a 2011 unit and it doesn't leak. Maintenance is very important to watch for possible signs of future problems.

By the way how did your pdi (inspection) go?

PS
There are some members dealing with leaks so you might try reading some of their posts for trouble shooting ideas.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3

thanks Terier for the response & reassurance.
Currently my TT is at the dealership being looked at. My hope / assumption is that they address the issues, however as these things go we had hoped that by purchasing thru a dealership (and paying that dealership premium) that these things would have been addressed as part of their inspection prior to them putting the trailer on the market.
I had thought that the PDI inspection went well. They covered all the basis and had advised us that they “gave the TT a thorough soaking with a hose to address any potential leaks”…

I’m willing and believe I’m handy enough to address most maintenance issues, however after only having the trailer for a week I didn’t think I should have to be addressing any leaking issues! If a couple months or longer had passed then yes, I can see this being 100% my responsibility to address (after all, it is a used TT).

2011 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4
2011 Mini Lite 2306
2 kids
2 dogs
... oh yeah, the wife too.
2306Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It a bummer when this happens and as we've seen in the past it happens.
Hopefully they get you squared away.
Keep us updated.

Welcome to the forum !

Tags