Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #1

2013 Clipper 16FB - newbie to FR Forum

Greetings all,
We are new to this forum and we have purchased our first TT - 2013 Coachmen Clipper 16FB. For the past 5 years we have camped all over with our Jayco Eagle 8 Popup and loved every minute of it. But now that we are getting older, we thought the security of a travel trailer, not to mention a bathroom, was well over due.
We are still in the "honeymoon" phase with our new Clipper and are anxious to take it out. We're heading to Racoon State Park in April.
Looking forward to meeting everyone here on the forum.
Happy Camping!
Tomas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #2

Welcome and congratulations on the new TT
Fivenikkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #3

Thomas congrats on the trailer.Have you camp there before .it's to close to the airport for me lots of planes in and out and the noise I camp there once no more.Let me know how you like it if this is your time
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Coachmen Clipper 16FB.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the FR forums! Congrats on the new Clipper! When you find the right unit the honeymoon phase is longer because of all the fun involved. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my TT and it's 2 years old.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

Welcome Tomas24 ! Congrats on the new Clipper. We also live in the Pgh. area. Have been to Racoon a few times to spend the day but never camped there.
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
Thomas congrats on the trailer.Have you camp there before .it's to close to the airport for me lots of planes in and out and the noise I camp there once no more.Let me know how you like it if this is your time
Greetings Bill. We've camped at Raccoon several times over the past few years, but in our old Jayco PUP. The jets can get annoying, that's for sure. We're going out again the weekend of April 12 but with the new TT. Do you think it will be any quieter now that I don't have canvas "bunk ends" to sleep in? I'll be sure to let you know how it goes - the F loop (allows pets) is fully booked already for the opening campground weekend.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas24 View Post
Greetings Bill. We've camped at Raccoon several times over the past few years, but in our old Jayco PUP. The jets can get annoying, that's for sure. We're going out again the weekend of April 12 but with the new TT. Do you think it will be any quieter now that I don't have canvas "bunk ends" to sleep in? I'll be sure to let you know how it goes - the F loop (allows pets) is fully booked already for the opening campground weekend.
I also had a popup when I was there so let me know if its better.That first day of Trout I was planning on going to Ohio Pyle State Park.But with this weather I don,t know
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #9

Cold, Windy, No Fish but had a GREAT TIME!

Raccoon was wonderful. Some new updates this year to the restrooms but otherwise just the way we remembered it. So much easier with the Clipper TT than the pop-up (and warmer too!) Fish weren't biting though. The F-Loop (allows dogs) was packed until Sunday. Sunday night it was so quiet, you could hear your heart beating! We had a great time.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Raccoon was wonderful. Some new updates this year to the restrooms but otherwise just the way we remembered it. So much easier with the Clipper TT than the pop-up (and warmer too!) Fish weren't biting though. The F-Loop (allows dogs) was packed until Sunday. Sunday night it was so quiet, you could hear your heart beating! We had a great time.
What about the planes with the TT .We went to Ohio Pyle state park last week end it was nice. Im going to MT Davis this weekend with the guys
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #11

Hi Bill,
You know what? We traded one problem for another. There are just as many planes flying over, all night long, as before but you couldn't hear them very well in the new TT. However, in the new TT we have a digital televison antenna and every time one of those things would fly over, we would lose the signal. Very frustrating! So I don't know which was better; the popup with the canvas bunkends and no television, or the TT with sound proof insulation and constantly losing the digital television signal.
We went to OhioPyle a few years back and had a great time. Never been to MT Davis though. Hope you have a great trip Bill.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Hi Bill,
You know what? We traded one problem for another. There are just as many planes flying over, all night long, as before but you couldn't hear them very well in the new TT. However, in the new TT we have a digital televison antenna and every time one of those things would fly over, we would lose the signal. Very frustrating! So I don't know which was better; the popup with the canvas bunkends and no television, or the TT with sound proof insulation and constantly losing the digital television signal.
We went to OhioPyle a few years back and had a great time. Never been to MT Davis though. Hope you have a great trip Bill.
That tell me to stay away from that state park. We was in the same spot you was.In a pop up with the noise now a tt with the tv. We try to pick up Tv station at ohio State park could nt get any. I talk to someone they was able to pick up one station PBS 24 .Bc he was in another loop. But im not there to watch tv.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #13

Television

Hi Bill,
You are so right. I didn't miss televison at all in our popup. But for some reason, when it is on, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a lamp. Then it seemed whenever the show got to a good part, a plane flew over Raccoon and knocked out the picture for a few seconds!
I just bought and installed a "wingman" for the sensar antenna on the TT. I don't know if this will help hold a signal against planes, but it added 10 new digital stations to my television. I'm surprised because there really isn't much to the wingman - just some plastic and metal strips, but I have to say it does bring in more stations when it is attached.
Our next trip is to State College, PA over Memorial Weekend.
Enjoy the Summer.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Hi Bill,
You are so right. I didn't miss televison at all in our popup. But for some reason, when it is on, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a lamp. Then it seemed whenever the show got to a good part, a plane flew over Raccoon and knocked out the picture for a few seconds!
I just bought and installed a "wingman" for the sensar antenna on the TT. I don't know if this will help hold a signal against planes, but it added 10 new digital stations to my television. I'm surprised because there really isn't much to the wingman - just some plastic and metal strips, but I have to say it does bring in more stations when it is attached.
Our next trip is to State College, PA over Memorial Weekend.
Enjoy the Summer.
Where did you get the wingman I might buy one.How much was it
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #15

Hi Bill,
I got mine from Camping World but you might pick a new one up from E-bay for less. Mine was $29.00 It attaches to the bottom of the Sensar model III and model IV antenna. You don't even need tools, just snap off the old bumpers on the Sensar, put the Wingman in place and use the provided push-pins to lock the two pieces together. It really made a big difference in my reception - I get more digital stations now in the TT than in my house! If you don't have a Sensar antenna, I think they have a new model that includes both the antenna and the Wingman.
Next week we're headed to the Pennsylvania State Coachmen Rally.
Happy Camping.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Hi Bill,
I got mine from Camping World but you might pick a new one up from E-bay for less. Mine was $29.00 It attaches to the bottom of the Sensar model III and model IV antenna. You don't even need tools, just snap off the old bumpers on the Sensar, put the Wingman in place and use the provided push-pins to lock the two pieces together. It really made a big difference in my reception - I get more digital stations now in the TT than in my house! If you don't have a Sensar antenna, I think they have a new model that includes both the antenna and the Wingman.
Next week we're headed to the Pennsylvania State Coachmen Rally.
Happy Camping.
where at in PA
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #17

Hi Bill,
The rally is at the fairgrounds in Centre Hall, PA. I think it will be fun.