Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #1

2013 Columbus 340RK

Bought our new Columbus 340RK back in April and are starting to get the bugs worked out of it. Everytime we take it out I have to add something else to the "needs-to-be-fixed" list. This time out my radio antenna fell off (came unscrewed) and the front, passenger side, landing leg would not retract. With a little ingenuity I was able to get the weight off the leg and lift it manually. Love the RV just not the little issues. Hope the rest of our time in this unit goes better.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #2

We are looking at buying one and this doesn't make me feel really sure of doing it. Are you unhappy about your purchase and regretting it?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #3
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb182 View Post
We are looking at buying one and this doesn't make me feel really sure of doing it. Are you unhappy about your purchase and regretting it?
if you're expecting not to have a few things that will require warranty work, forget buying any rv, no matter what manufacturer it is.

the OP's list is pretty minor compared to most new RV's.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Trailer Trash

Nobody likes warranty problems on a new RV, especially the new owner. I've read on here and on Facebook that Palomino takes care of the warranty claims. AND Columbus is one of the brands with few major warranty claims aka they are well built as the RV industry goes.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
semi-senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGunz View Post
Bought our new Columbus 340RK back in April and are starting to get the bugs worked out of it. Everytime we take it out I have to add something else to the "needs-to-be-fixed" list. This time out my radio antenna fell off (came unscrewed) and the front, passenger side, landing leg would not retract. With a little ingenuity I was able to get the weight off the leg and lift it manually. Love the RV just not the little issues. Hope the rest of our time in this unit goes better.
I had same problem with the left front landing gear on my 320RS, manually cranked it up with the supplied crank handle. dealer replaced that motor on mine after checking and determining it had died!

Happy Camping!
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7HO
Aisin 6speed Auto
SE Mo
denandra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #6

2013 Columbus 340RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb182 View Post
jeb182, We have been totally satisfied overall with our decision to buy the Columbus 340RK. As bikendan said, you can't expect not to have something come up with a new unit. Our issues are minor and our Palomino service manager is awesome to work with. Should be ready for our next camping trip on the 4th of July. I would definately do it all over again.

TopGunz
SW Missouri
2013 Columbus 340RK
2011 Ford F350 DRW
King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
TopGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #7

That's good to hear. We have been looking, but we aren't finding one with what we want. It looks like we are going to need to order one and wait for it to come in. Meanwhile we are without for the entire summer. It's going to be a very long summer, but worth the wait.