Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

2013 Columbus 365RL purchase 5/21/2013

Hi all, new members and have been camping since 2003. We just traded off a 33ft TT Puma for our first Fifth Wheel and overall was impressed with the Columbus options and appeal. We had tossed around the idea since October and finally did it. So far no camping and instead took it back that week for the entry side slide, the bedroom door broke off, and the flooring bubbled up about a six foot stretch in the living area. I joined the forum after finding a contact to Forest River thanks to other members comments (thanks) . It has been sitting at the dealer for a week now and nothing done. We are scheduled to make our first trip on the 14th of June and really hope it's fixed since we had to change Memorial Day plans. We are excited and hope this is not a sign of the future and instead just a poor inspection that can be fixed the first time.
BarTol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Columbus. Hope your dealer gets things fixed to your satisfaction in time for your June 14th trip.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #3

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #4

Not sure who is giving me the run around. Hope others can comment letting me know their experiences. The dealer said Forest River sends parts bit by bit. The slide is working now after two weeks, however not finished and waiting on parts to finish it up. When I spoke to Jack at Forest River he said they would call the dealer and did immediately making me believe its the dealer.
BarTol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #5

BarTol, I wish you luck on a speedy fix to your rig. Sending parts bit by bit does not sound efficient, unless the parts are coming from different areas of the country and not all from a FR warehouse.

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote