Old 07-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
3 Grey tanks and low point drains (??)

Guys..another newbie question(s)...

I am having some difficulty understanding my tanks and the low point drains on my new 201SS.

First. there are three (3) grey tanks listed on my control panel. there is a Fresh water, blank tank and then 3 grey tanks on the panel. All lights function for each tank. I find it hard to believe that there are 3 tanks on this small trailer. When I flush and fill the sink, only the first grey tank appears to fill and shows the capacity increasing as I drain the sink/shower or the toilet. First question, is it possible I have 3 grey tanks?

Next, there are 4 drains; 3 of which are "low point" drains. The fourth drain is the fresh water drain. None are marked except the fresh water drain.

Two are in the rear on the right side. One drains immediately after connecting a hose to the supply. The second, to the right of this one, does not drain immediately. It will drain after I turn on the faucet (to the hot side) and then it will drain (Next question, does this mean the second "low point drain" is draining from a hot water tap?) It only drained after I turned on and bled the air out of the hot water side of the faucet. I thought that the drain for the HW heater was by pulling out the rod.

The first low point drain is just a drain from the bath/sink area in the bathroom I would figure as it is close to that.

The one marked "fresh water drain" is self explanatory.

The last one is a "low point drain" in the front of the trailer but is underneath where the filtration system is located. I "assume" this is just a low point drain for winterizing. Correct?

I have attached photos for reference. Any assistance is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150712_154515[1].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	82903   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150712_154557[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	82904   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150712_154710[1].jpg
Views:	59
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	82905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150712_154816[1].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	82906  

2015 Nights Camped 18
2016 Nights Camped 32
2015 Palomino Solaire 201SS
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
ok lets start this way

Low Point Drain - to drain the water lines in the trailer both Hot and Cold.
Fresh Water Drain - to drain your fresh water tank
as for your grey and black has grey 2 or 3 ever shown any thing other then empty. the pic you posted of your dump is showing the grey on the left and the black on the right

also as you might notice on your control panel it states "Tanks and Options may vary by model.

2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
elrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Site Team
Many models use a standard indicator panel ( cost savings) so you may have a panel showing 3 tanks while you only have one. Many people remove the low point drain plugs and add a 1/4 gate valve for convenience. You use parts from a big box store, or order them from most rv stores. I suggest you do all of them.

Here are the specs for your TT
Fresh Water 32 Gal
Black Water 30 Gal
Gray Water
38 Gal

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

drain, tank