Old 07-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #1

3 year Lurker from PA

Hi,

JC and Malinda here. We're from central PA (Near Pottsville, home of Yuengling beer). I joined the sight a few years ago with intentions of participating when we bought a Cherokee 25RR. But then I got laid off and decided to start my own business which took all my time and I kind of just fell off the forum thing, except for the one I run called cvogarage.com.

Last year I got recruited for a job that frees me up from the time and stress of doing your own thing and decided to celebrate with a XLR 29HFS. Good thing I reduced stress other places. Although the unit is pretty good and only had some minor defects, it was ordered with the wrong microwave and getting the dealer to take care of it was a nightmare. I did already post a couple of dealer reviews if you want the soap opera.

We've been RVers since 2005 although we did take a couple of years off while my son was in the sports and scouts things. Now he's an Eagle scout and US Coastguardsman and you all pay for him with your taxes so we can RV.
Professionally, I'm an IT geek, but I've worked in the trades as well and am a DIY handyman. I modded the Cherokee to fix the awful TV/Kitchen cabinet combo and now I've added counter space the XLR which I posted. I'm trying to find the pics of the Cherokee mods to post.

Guess that covers it. Thanks to all for the great tips and ideas I've already gotten here.

Family: DH - JC, DW - Malinda, DD - Sparky the Wonder Chug (Chihuahua & Pug)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #2

Welcome from Delaware and another proud Eagle Scout parent, thank your son for his service for us and enjoy camping. We camp a bit in the Lancaster or Hershey area maybe a chance meet up sometime.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your camper Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 27
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #5

Welcome From Illinois: Enjoy
Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #6

Welcome from Lancaster PA.

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 30 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Welcome from Delaware and another proud Eagle Scout parent, thank your son for his service for us and enjoy camping. We camp a bit in the Lancaster or Hershey area maybe a chance meet up sometime.
Thank you. We also camp in that area all the time. Currently we have a Thousand Trails membership so we camp at Gettysburg Farm near Dover PA and Dutch Country between Hershey and Lancaster. We tried the Hershey resort TT campground but I got busted for speeding. A Girl in a golf cart pulled me over while trying find a spot since TT doesn't reserve a spot. First come first park free for all no guarantee of amps or sewer.

So she clocked me on a radar gun at 8 in a 5. That's 8 mph in a 5 mph zone. No trouble but I'm just too annoyed to go back. They have lots of maintenance that needs to be done but isn't, but they can afford to sit people all around the place to yell slow down.

On the other hand as my father pointed out... 8 in a 5 is like 80 in a 50. D*mn kids.
Family: DH - JC, DW - Malinda, DD - Sparky the Wonder Chug (Chihuahua & Pug)
Old 07-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCarr View Post
Thank you. We also camp in that area all the time. Currently we have a Thousand Trails membership so we camp at Gettysburg Farm near Dover PA and Dutch Country between Hershey and Lancaster. We tried the Hershey resort TT campground but I got busted for speeding. A Girl in a golf cart pulled me over while trying find a spot since TT doesn't reserve a spot. First come first park free for all no guarantee of amps or sewer.

So she clocked me on a radar gun at 8 in a 5. That's 8 mph in a 5 mph zone. No trouble but I'm just too annoyed to go back. They have lots of maintenance that needs to be done but isn't, but they can afford to sit people all around the place to yell slow down.

On the other hand as my father pointed out... 8 in a 5 is like 80 in a 50. D*mn kids.
Funny we are TT members also so I know your pain, guess I am lucky at Hershey have not seen the speed trap
I will be there for the Hershey RV show then heading to Oak Creek near Maple Grove for the weekend of Set 23-25, come on down!! Also heading to Knoebels in Oct from the 5-9 so will wave as we pass you area
Old 07-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins

Welcome from SEPA. Used to off road up in Centralia. Love that area.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #10
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Funny we are TT members also so I know your pain, guess I am lucky at Hershey have not seen the speed trap
I will be there for the Hershey RV show then heading to Oak Creek near Maple Grove for the weekend of Set 23-25, come on down!! Also heading to Knoebels in Oct from the 5-9 so will wave as we pass you area
Well in my book is kind of dumb as most vehicles will vary on speed. When I radar trains they where given 5mph over before enforcement took place. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 27
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote