Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
7 Months from Newbee's

Hello everyone, my wife and I are currently in the market to buy our first RV. We found the app for this forum via our droids while shopping down in Fla. I have to say everyone's questions and comments have become daily reading for us to make the best decision possible when it comes to the trailer and the truck.
We are planning on a Ceder River 36RE to live in (just the two of us and tired of the mortgage and STUFF). Not to mention the adventure.

Thank you all for your posts and comments, they have helped greatly. We are so looking forward to any advise and or comments from everyone.

DaveBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! Keep hangin around... lot's of good knowledgeable folks here that are always eager to help out. Keep us posted on your search and purchase.

2012 Ford F250 Lariat FX4
2012 LaCrosse 318BHS w/4 Point Equal-i-zer Hitch
2 Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Nights Spent Camping in 2011 (19), 2012 (16)
HondoPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
My only advice would be to take your time and look at every make you like very closely.
Things I would check for;
1) How is the floor constructed? For a full-time camper, make sure there is a good plywood floor.
2) Wall construction. I would look for a fully-framed sidewall, and 2 inches thick minimum for the insulation factor. And compare the floor and roof insulation as well, they are not all the same.
3) Big water and waste tanks. Always nice if you are not in full-service.
4) Corian countertops. I wish ours had them!
5) Splurge on leather recliners, or get your own. We love ours.
6) Although the size of camper you're looking at probably comes with 16" tires, make sure it does.
7) Compare the size and thickness of the frames. You would be surprised how light some of them are.

Good luck with your search, and have fun with it. Shopping for a camper is half the fun!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Thanks, and some great questions to ask the dealer.

We are almost set on the Cedar Creek 36RE.
Will make our final decision when I return from Afghanistan next spring (reason for the 7 months or I would have it now).

reading up on it the walls are 2x2 with an R21 on the floor, R7 walls.
Does have the 16" tires, however not sure the manufacture of them. Was reading on here about some china tires that are crap. Will have to investigate that one.
Corian counters and leather recliners.
66 gal freshwater, 80 gal grey and 40 gal black. Will be in a park for a few years till I retire anyway so not to concerned yet about them. Or should I be? LOL
The frame is a 3", not sure how thick they come if this is good or not.
Will keep browsing through the forums for anything that will help make the right decision.
DaveBert is offline   Reply With Quote