Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

A new "Tow Vehicle" for my '55 Willys

Well, my initial thought was to buy a used 3/4 ton pickup to tow my 1955 Willys M38A1 from my home near the ocean to where I could use it off-roading in the remote Mojave Desert.

I then thought it would be nice to throw a "shell" on the back of this yet-to-be-bought used truck, for simple "bachelor camping". My wife liked the thought of coming along too--but thought a trailer, would be nice -- if it had air conditioning, a shower, toilet and modest galley.

To make a long story short, my initial idea of buying an old truck for towing my off-road toy resulted in the purchase of our 2012 Solera S.

We've already had her our five times in past two months for "some gentleman camping". We've stayed on coast near Monterrey to the North, to the basin at Death Valley in the East. It's definitely NOT ROUGHING IT, but its a lot of fun!

It's funny though...I've yet to buy a tow bar to "drag" my Jeep with us on our adventures. The Solera is already fully equipped to do the job, though. I guess that's a project for another day.
eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi there! You should be happy with your choice with the Solera.

Good luck and happy camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote