Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #1

An Intro and question(s) about tire sizes

Well, to ensure that I follow the rules of the forum, I’m introducing myself first before I ask some questions I shouldn’t go into too many details, but like other forums that I have been a member of (zx6e.net) and people to get to asking questions and so I might as well just get the facts out there! Its great that the emoticons are the same - this could be fun

My husband and I bought a 2008 Cherokee Lite a few years ago, I’m pretty sure it’s the 18DD because its an 18 footer. Anyway, soon after buying it, he got sick – cancer… so we didn’t use it as much as we would have liked, and since he passed, two months ago, I promised myself I would learn to do everything myself and get it out there – as that is what he would have wanted! I took it out locally so I could just sleep it while I was on my motorcycle working a 3-day event. I was proud that I took it out, pulled it using our Dodge 1500, and spending some extra cash getting some accessories. I’m super excited about taking it out more, when I have free time, and planned a trip with some friends.

I want to ensure that I have this forum to ask questions about my trailer since it seems that there isn’t a lot of information out there on 2008 models, and I think its best to ask people who have the same type as I do – hence why we joined the Zx6e motorcycle forum. Though, I do not want to thread jack...

Seems silly, but my first question is what size the tires are – my husband was a Marine and a friend wants to buy me a Marine Corps spare tire cover, its super nice and I’d love to have it before my trip. I got out there too late to take the tire covers off and try to look at the markings on the tire, so I measured the tire, but when I went to the site all the sizes were letters and I cant seem to find my manual at this time, and nothing on the internet is helping. I’m sure I can go out in the daylight, but thought since I was introducing myself, I would ask.

Thanks for having this forum and for the time to read this – looking forward to learning lots of stuff!

EDIT: was able to find a 28" cover without knowing some crazy letter...
Old 12-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
I tried the internet for info to no avail, maybe someone that has one will know. Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about hubby. Merry Christmas.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #3

Semper Fi. Merry Christmas.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire