Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #1

Question Another Newbie, in several ways!

Hello All. I have been lurking here for the past two weeks. My wife and I have the toy hauler bug, bad! I have done some limited camping in my 6x14 cargo trailer and have really enjoyed it. Campground rates are lower than hotel rates and so I can spend more money on food for me and gas for the bike.

We have never owned a travel trailer. I have been trying to get informed by visiting this website and manufacturers websites, etc. We have narrowed our focus to two toy haulers, the WPT27ULPS Work & Play or the XLR Hyperlight 27HFS. We have seen both in person and like both of them.

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max with tow package that will be used as the tow vehicle. I have installed a Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller. Looking at the specs of the two aforementioned trailers the XLR seems to be the lighter of the two, but less cargo capacity. Today I am leaning towards the XLR because of weight & cost. The cargo that we will be hauling is the usual personal stuff and a 2008 Honda Goldwing.

If you have any advice, suggestions etc. please share. These forums are the best thing for people such as myself who are trying to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your help & knowledge!
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. Hopefully some TH owners will stop by and pass along their experience.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

There are hundreds of RV'ers on this forum every day.
RasOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcomes guys, already learning a lot from this site!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #5

Do you have a preference aesthetically? I prefer more distance between my sleeping space and the bathroom; I also like the u dining. Would either work for the number of people you'd be sleeping? I find the glass sliding door interesting but not sure why I would want it there...... unless you intend to park in the "garage" and not put up the tailgate, then it may make a little bit of sense ~ Either way, sounds like you'll have lots of fun
Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #6

Clancy,

Actually leaning towards the 27HFS-EP. The bathroom/shower are separate from the bedroom. Aesthetically I like both the W&P and the 27HFS. I prefer performance. The big difference between the two is the roof. W&P is aluminum and 27HFS is rubber. From what I can tell there are pro's and con's with both. Too many decisions and I am not getting any younger. I'm not looking forward to the cost negotiations either.