Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #1

Arkansas Camper

I bought my camper a year ago and went on 9 camping trips in 2012. I LOVE to camp but my husband hates it so I usually have to recruit friends and/or family to go with me. There are so many beautiful campgrounds in this State and I want to check out every single one of them. My favorite so far is Lake Catherine State Park but would love to hear recommendations from fellow campers in this area. I plan on retiring in about 2 1/2 years so practicing for that.

NANA'S CASTLE
Gowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hello and welcome to the forum!

How can he hate camping?

Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Tell your husband if he doesn't want to go camping you're going to take your boyfriend along. Just kidding!!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #4

Thanks but my husband is just a homebody which is not a bad thing. He just prefers his own bed, recliner, and TV. I on the other hand love being outdoors when the weather is nice. We have been married for 32 years so even tho we sometimes enjoy doing different things it has never been an issue. And fortunately for me, he does not mind if I want to take off for a few days or a week to go camping. He does not want me to go by myself which I can appreciate but now I just need to find some folks in my area with similar interest.
How do I get my TT and other info to post. It is in my profile info but does not show up when I post?
NANA'S CASTLE
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowensmom View Post
Thanks but my husband is just a homebody which is not a bad thing. He just prefers his own bed, recliner, and TV. I on the other hand love being outdoors when the weather is nice. We have been married for 32 years so even tho we sometimes enjoy doing different things it has never been an issue. And fortunately for me, he does not mind if I want to take off for a few days or a week to go camping. He does not want me to go by myself which I can appreciate but now I just need to find some folks in my area with similar interest.
How do I get my TT and other info to post. It is in my profile info but does not show up when I post?
There are some absolutely beautiful campgrounds in the northwestern part of AR along the southern border of MO.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #6

Welcome, Gowensmom!

My spouse and I have only been married 23 years, but in this time, I realize that time kept ticking and someday just may not happen. My spouse likes his routine & while we like to fish (he is an avid fisherman) camping was no longer on his priority list. After a serious brush with life, losing my Dad and realizing tomorrow isnt a given- I told my Spouse I was going to work on my bucket list such as buying a travel trailer and going camping because I missed it. I found a new travel trailer and he said as long as I liked it - so I paid cash and brought it home. LOL he likes to tell people that he had no idea what I bought when I bought it. Last year, I sold that trailer and bought a smaller one. This time, we road tripped a few hours away to pick it up. We now camp together and I am still on my own when I show the dogs. We plan trips and discover new places. Dont fall over in shock when your husband expresses an interest to join you on a future adventure! It could happen & if it doesnt, just make sure you have a good time. Buy a few books on your area camp grounds or ask for suggestions at your local outdoor shop. Look forward to reading about your adventures!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I bought my camper a year ago and went on 9 camping trips in 2012. I LOVE to camp but my husband hates it so I usually have to recruit friends and/or family to go with me. There are so many beautiful campgrounds in this State and I want to check out every single one of them. My favorite so far is Lake Catherine State Park but would love to hear recommendations from fellow campers in this area. I plan on retiring in about 2 1/2 years so practicing for that.
Howdy Gowensmom. All of my immediate family migrated from Arkansas (The Clarksville area) before I was born down here in LA. Most of my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) is still there though, so we go up there a lot. Remember DogPatch USA?

I agree, that Arkansas has some great sites and campgrounds, and Northern Arkansas is my favorite. We've stayed at Mount Magazine, Petit Jean, and Queen Wilhelmina...but used their hotels there instead of camping.

I would like to hear of your experiences and recommendations in your state.

Quote:
Click on the 'user cp' tab near the top of the page. Now click the "edit signature" tab on the lefthand side of the page. Type what you want to show up in your signature lines....as well as upload any pics or such. Make sure to click the "save signature" button when finished

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post

Howdy Gowensmom. All of my immediate family migrated from Arkansas (The Clarksville area) before I was born down here in LA. Most of my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) is still there though, so we go up there a lot. Remember DogPatch USA?

I agree, that Arkansas has some great sites and campgrounds, and Northern Arkansas is my favorite. We've stayed at Mount Magazine, Petit Jean, and Queen Wilhelmina...but used their hotels there instead of camping.

I would like to hear of your experiences and recommendations in your state.

Click on the 'user cp' tab near the top of the page. Now click the "edit signature" tab on the lefthand side of the page. Type what you want to show up in your signature lines....as well as upload any pics or such. Make sure to click the "save signature" button when finished
User cp tab? I do not see or know what that is and I consider myself to be somewhat computer literate? Could it look different on an IPad?
NANA'S CASTLE
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #9

Never mind! It was an IPad issue! Thx!

NANA'S CASTLE