Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #41
Congrats on the purchase.
Go to the manufacture website of the brake controller you have and find instructions, should be easy to follow.

2015 Wildwood X-Lite 271RBXL
2013 Ford F150 Crewcab Ecoboost
Mowgli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #42
Welcome from Maryland. As others have said; take your time. Do not let the person walking you thru PDI rush you. Make them repeat if you need to clarify and ask as many questions as you want. If you can't get an answer that makes sense to you, get some else to give you a more definitive answer. You paid for this service when you bought your TT. When you make your appt. to pick up - do not make your appt. near lunch or closing time.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #43
Originally Posted by Bowhnter View Post
Well, it's a done deal! When it was sitting there not next to any other trailers, I almost said, this is too big! My truck looked pretty small and was almost intimidating.
We did about a 2 1/2 hr PDI, found some things that need fixed. Took a test drive and until I really get into some bigger hills , will never know. It seemed fine to me now. I know I need some mirror extenders.

Anyway, we signed on the dotted lines and hope to bring it home next weekend if my parking spot can be finished next week.

I think I need to see how to upload pics to this forum...
Best option for mirrors is the Ford or an equivalent aftermarket replacement. If that's not in the cards, I'd go with the CIPA slip ons.
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #44
Congrats on your purchase! My PDI was about 1.5-2 hrs and there were a lot of things I forgot that I had to quickly learn my first time out. At 2.5 hrs you might have some questions but the good thing I learned was that this forum is very useful in finding the solutions without having to post since someone already ran into the same problem.

As for your truck, I understand how you don't want to part with your truck since it sounds like you've taken care of it since you got it. I parted ways with my 2010 F150 last year with only 36k miles on it. Max tow weight for it was 9600 and I was near 9000 loaded with mine. I was over payload and didn't like the way it towed though the hills. I traded my baby in for an F250 and enjoy the handling better as I tow the trailer while taking my family to the campground.

Enjoy your trailer and be safe!

2014 Ford F250 FX4 Crewcab Powerstroke 6.7
2014 Primetime Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition
RV Jules is offline   Reply With Quote