Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #1

Brand Spanking New and Excited!

After 12 years of being followed around by a wonderful Coleman Tacoma TT, we are purchasing a 2013 Trilogy 3850 Fiver! We are excited and nervous all at once...we know next to nothing about all the complicated systems in this coach, and although will be at a 2 hour orientation from our dealer, are hoping to come here for suggestions and support...
Pauly and Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on your new 2013 Trilogy 3850! You should be introduced to the systems during your pdi. Take notes and ask lots of questions when necessary. A smartphone can be handy for taking pics and video too. Since you have extended history with a TT you won't be starting from step one.

Questions are always welcome. There's also a ton of information at your fingertips so feel free to browse the forums but watch out for the mod threads as there's lots of great ideas from other members.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
CampingQueen

Welcome, and ditto to what Terier said! Enjoy the new baby!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum.

I went from a TT, to a 5th and now back to a TT.

The biggest change for me (the designated driver) when we went to the 5th, was watching for low object on the road. Madden trip in the 5th I scraped a tree limb. Not much damage, just a small tear in the roof membrane, but made me sick. It also taught me to check the height of my 5th and to watch for low hanging tree limbs, wires, signs, bridges, etc...

Have fun with the you new baby...
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #5

Thanks to all! The maiden voyage of the TT many years ago resulted in a nice baseball sized dent in the Toyota Tundra while backing into the spot! We are keeping the TT for trips, but are parking the Trilogy at Pismo Beach with a company that will take it as far north as Morro bay...it's to be the every other weekend beach house place, alternating between Pismo Coast, Le Sage, and Morro Dunes...then when I retire, we may get a monster Tow vehicle and expand...we spend about six months looking around, and really liked a Pinnacle 5th Wheel, and almost pulled the trigger...but then at a different Camping World (Valencia), we saw the Trilogy (both 3800 and 3850)... I liked that really big shower in the 3800, but the missus (correctly and properly in charge of everything) preferred the privacy of the 3850 shower, and the off center curved stairs of the 3850...

Warning - I may be posting all kinds of stupid questions on here! Our first weekend trip will be early Nov, since we are off on a Princess cruise week after next...

Thanks for all the welcomes and support!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #6

Hi, Pauly and Holly,
I am relatively new to this forum also and may order my Columbus 320RS today. I hope your Trilogy brings you happy weekends for a long time!
I really love the Pismo Beach/Morro Dunes area of the CA coast. What a great place to have a vacation home! Enjoy and ask any questions you have (the teacher in me says, 'there are no stupid questions!') :-)
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #7

Wow! Just looked at that Columbus 320RS fiver! That movable kitchen island and those home theater chairs are fantastic! Congratulations on your order!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #8

Ok, just spent all day buying our Trilogy 3850D! Exhausting and exciting all at once...buying was the easy part - the orientation featured a few minor issues (loose kitchen faucet, missing screws in a pocket bathroom door, batteriers not fully charged, propane tank 1/2 empty, a pantry catch stripped and needing replacement and a ceiling light with a missing cover...great work from Rich at Camping World Valancia who handled it all with humor and ease...)

The plan is to have this weekender beach house delivered to the central coast (Cali) next Tuesday...then we are off on a long planned Princess Cruise the following week, and then the weekend after off to Pismo for the first long weekend trip (fri-Mon)...

Back at the home base for self-congratulatory cocktails and recovery.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly and Holly View Post
Thanks to all! The maiden voyage of the TT many years ago resulted in a nice baseball sized dent in the Toyota Tundra while backing into the spot! We are keeping the TT for trips, but are parking the Trilogy at Pismo Beach with a company that will take it as far north as Morro bay...it's to be the every other weekend beach house place, alternating between Pismo Coast, Le Sage, and Morro Dunes...then when I retire, we may get a monster Tow vehicle and expand...we spend about six months looking around, and really liked a Pinnacle 5th Wheel, and almost pulled the trigger...but then at a different Camping World (Valencia), we saw the Trilogy (both 3800 and 3850)... I liked that really big shower in the 3800, but the missus (correctly and properly in charge of everything) preferred the privacy of the 3850 shower, and the off center curved stairs of the 3850...

Warning - I may be posting all kinds of stupid questions on here! Our first weekend trip will be early Nov, since we are off on a Princess cruise week after next...

Thanks for all the welcomes and support!
Did you jack-knifed while backing into the site? I learned that lesson with help from my neighbor who kept saying "You're ok, keep going...". I got off easily with minimum damage to the TT and my brand new truck. Now I listen less and do more checking.

There are no stupid questions so post away!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #10

Yep, jack knifed and scraped the Tundra into a trash dumpster! But the trip was otherwise great (Faria Beach, Ventura, CA)!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly and Holly View Post
Yep, jack knifed and scraped the Tundra into a trash dumpster! But the trip was otherwise great (Faria Beach, Ventura, CA)!
Ouch! The dumpster part sounds painful. Sorry.

Is Faria Beach the name of the campground? I'm alway looking for a good place on the beach. One would think since I have lived in SoCal forever I would know the answer but that's not the case.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier

Ouch! The dumpster part sounds painful. Sorry.

Is Faria Beach the name of the campground? I'm alway looking for a good place on the beach. One would think since I have lived in SoCal forever I would know the answer but that's not the case.
Yes, called Faria Beach, and right on the beach...county park first come first served...pretty packed in tight...hard for the bigger rigs...Hobson right down the road the same way...both have hookups...but the best is Rincon...highway on one side, crashing waves on the other...dry camping but can accomodate the biggest rigs...all Ventura County...we have hauled the tent trailer to all three, and Rincon is our favorite...
Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly and Holly

Yes, called Faria Beach, and right on the beach...county park first come first served...pretty packed in tight...hard for the bigger rigs...Hobson right down the road the same way...both have hookups...but the best is Rincon...highway on one side, crashing waves on the other...dry camping but can accomodate the biggest rigs...all Ventura County...we have hauled the tent trailer to all three, and Rincon is our favorite...
Ok, the first trip is now confirmed and booked - PCV nov 1-4! (clam festival apparently sold out PCV the weekend we originally wanted-who knew?). We are excited and nervous all at the same time...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
Site Team

Both Faria and Hobson are highly desired campgrounds with lots of competition to get a site.
fantastic locations. never camped there since i lived in the area and either surfed nearby or rode my bike by them.
they're two reasons why i miss Ventura County so much.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Both Faria and Hobson are highly desired campgrounds with lots of competition to get a site.
fantastic locations. never camped there since i lived in the area and either surfed nearby or rode my bike by them.
they're two reasons why i miss Ventura County so much.
Got me checking out video on those two campgrounds. Would be nice to just drive and find a spot by the water....maybe someday.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #16

They are both pretty old school campgrounds...medium rigs tops...but million dollar views...unsure if he is still there, but the host at Faria made a pretty decent burger, too...