We bought the same model back in November and will taking it on her maiden voyage in about 10 days to a real nice RV park on the Snake river, about two hour east of Boise. We have been 'tinkering' a bit envisioning our first camping trip with it. I'll post our results after we get back. Would love to hear about yours as well. I completed the following 'tinkering' projects:
*Added another 12volt battery to the trailer tongue (my trade in TT had two)
*Lined the bedroom privacy curtains (too think and cheap looking)
*Made window-lengh curtains for the bedroom (removed the toppers)
*Purchased a newer, better quality shower curtain
* Installed 1/2 inch wood trim around the floor/wall joints - really dressed it up
(purchased it at Home Depot) It is the fake wood, same color and very light
* Had the dealer install wood seam strips and remove the stick on vinyl strips (that
refused to stick)
* Put up a few hooks for towels, hot pads in the kitchen, and a spice rack
* Installed a few (round) stick on battery lights to use when a larger light is not
needed; Under cabinets over dinette table, both sides of the queen bed and under
the bathroom sink medicine cabinet.
* Over the queen bed there is just a full-width shelf - purchased dark brown canvas
storage boxes (which match the wall covering almost perfectly) enough to fill the
entire shelf. Looks awesome. Lots of room for 'stuff' with out it all shifting around
We had so much fun doing all of this now we can hardly wait to try it all out. We have the outdoor kitchen option which I am so anxious to try as well.
Hope you enjoy your new toy! We plan on it.
"It is what it is!
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL