Old 04-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #11
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
Hello and thanks for the forum. New couple to this and not yet owners of the TT or the TV but will get a big enough TV to not worry about those questions. Just got back from looking at EVO TT after already looking at some Jayco and Keystone first. Of course each has its own positive and negative. Was just looking to hear some feedback and experiences from the ones that know it best. This being a Forest River forum I suppose I will get mostly feedback on that product line.
Will be a retired couple looking to use TT for 1 week trips up to 1 month trips a few times a year at least. So far looked at 2360 2460 and 2600 as far a size goes. probably going to go smaller rather than larger. Thanks again, can not wait to get started.
Welcome, I grew up in Vegas, left in '83. Rest of the family is basically still there. I will try and be as "generic" as possible with my suggestions.
#1, Let her decide on the interior, size, layout etc. Best decision I ever made! We settled on a rear kitchen layout and have been happy with that. Seems that floor plan had more storage and countertop space and that was important to the DW.
#2 Also, a living room slide. These are a lot more common and trouble free than they used to be and the extra space is way worth it.
#3 Ours has a shower/tub combo, but our next one will likely have just a shower. That's what we've found we use instead of the tub.
#4 Look for drawers under the dinette seats. Much easier to use than lifting the seat to put away or retreive stored items. We use ours for the pots and pans.
#5 In general the more cabinets cupboards closets you can fit the better.
#6 Big doors on the outside storage. Bigger the better for ease of loading and unloading
#7 Must have a "walk around" bed. That is, you can get to 3 sides of the bed. This makes it a lot easier to make the bed, less inconvenience when you need to get up in the middle of the night and a happier missus when I get up before dawn to go out shooting!
#8 Go Diesel with your tow vehicle. You'll be pulling 3 to 5 tons of RV and nothing pulls like a diesel!
#9 Don't forget to pop for the WDH and anti sway. Very important for safety and comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_9988.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	75638  

FR Wildwood 22 RKS
2007 1/2 Dodge 2500, Cummins 6.7
Retirement training completed
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote