Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
FR puts the smallest Battery they can get away with in there new models. I know this first hand on what my come with. If your dry camp most have two battery set- up. You can run all the check you want to find the problem, but if there is no battery capacity. It seem to me it like a it like a dog try to catch his tail.

2010 wildcat 31ts
05 Ford F350 SD PS
camprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Come on people read the post. Let me get on my soap box, and I don't mean to offend anyone. The poster said he could get 4 days before his last outing which only got him a day and a half. Something changed!!! The problem is what changed? It's not more capacity, or crappy batteries from the factory, or several other of the guesses/suggestions that have been posted. I took his post to mean why couldn't he get 4 days like before? Yes you can throw all the mods and money you want to and increase his dry camping time, but if he has a bad converter, a light left or a radio left on, or any other of many possibilities, you haven't fixed the problem. I'll get down now.

By the way, my camper didn't ship with a battery, and I doubt any of them do. The dealer installs the battery when the unit sells, or at least that's the way it is at most dealers I've checked. That's why some get Interstate, some get Exide, some get .... It would be useless to ship a trailer to a dealer with a battery in it when the trailer might not sell for a year or more. Detectors would kill the battery before the camper sold and the dealer would have to replace it under warranty first thing. Now I'll leave.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #13
Site Team
In my experience, just because a battery shows full voltage doesn't really mean that it has a lot of capacity. We use a single Group 30 Trojan 12 volt battery (130 amp hrs) and we can easily get 3 days out of it; sometimes 4 days. There is a "secret" to good battery charge and life; and that is a Battery Tender. (I have no affiliation; just a big believer!) My guess is that your battery(ies) have been damaged? When our trailer isn't in use, the battery is disconnected and the Battery Tender is hooked up. We great great longevity and always a full charge this way.
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
Read the posting. The battery are year 11/2 old maybe what changed was the converter boiled the life out of it after dry camping for a year 11/2. A Voltmeter is not going to show capacity,Voltmeter will show when it toast . Not to offend anyone or have a soap box of the posting, but the AVERAGE BATTERY LIFE for dryer camper is about a year, unless you spend big bucks batteries like many of the solar system . There are factor like how far & fast you drain your batteries & what kind of a charge you are getting out of that converter. MILZAT had good posting about batteries life. My point is What has change it the age of battery & capacity due to age & use.
2010 wildcat 31ts
05 Ford F350 SD PS
camprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
Did the door heater switch on the freezer door get turned on by mistake?Happened to a friend of mine on our last trip and he didn't know it had one.

15 Flagstaff 26RLWS
08 Silverado 1500 Crew
dlc49 is offline   Reply With Quote