Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #1

Deep in the heart of Texas

My wife and I are prepping for a move to full-time RVing.

Over the past four years we’ve downsized from a 3,500 sq ft home in Montana to a 1,325 sq ft apartment in Texas. We’re both retired, have no kids at home, and are working at being debt free over the next 14-20 months.

Our initial plans were to downsize to a Tiny Home, but the biggest obstacle seems to be finding a place to put it (with water, sewer and electricity). A couple months ago our plans shifted to living full-time in an RV, and seeing the USA before we get too old and infirmed to do anything other than wheel around the nursing home.

We’re traveling to Europe for a couple weeks the Spring of 2015, after which we’ll get really serious about planning for the jump and putting money aside for a RV and probably half ton pickup (we’ve sort of thought about and discarded the class c option).

We’ve been researching various sites on-line for the “perfect” size, price and floor plan. We’re also trying to learn all we can about the logistics and cost of living on the road, with plans to move to different areas every month to six weeks.

At the current time, we’re leaning heavily towards finding a gently used Forest River 23FB or a 21FBRS.

There’s a Forest River dealer in Fort Worth we’ll be checking with, and have plans on attending the Tarrant County RV show in January.

But, in the interim, we’ll keep surfing this forum and others, and keep looking for that “perfect” outfit.
Usmcwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi there from SoCal! I've been watching a TV show on Tiny Houses and it's so interesting and sort of like RVing. Attending a RV show is a good way to compare different brands and units side by side.

Have fun RV shopping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea

Hello from south Korea. You should check out the Escapee's forum for full-timer info. They are a great group of people!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote