Old 10-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #1

DFW area newbies....Where to visit first?!

Hi y'all! We're new TT owners as of this month Wondering where most people camp/park in and around our area. We enjoy riding atv's and regular old camping too!! Hope y'all can introduce us to some nice places! Thanks!!

Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguilerafamily View Post
Hi y'all! We're new TT owners as of this month Wondering where most people camp/park in and around our area. We enjoy riding atv's and regular old camping too!! Hope y'all can introduce us to some nice places! Thanks!!
Welcome to the forums and congrats on becoming TT owner! I had to check where you were from to figure out DFW meant so I'm won't be of any help on that question. But I do wish you lots of good camping and many memories to come.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #3

I suppose I should have been a bit more specific. We're in Fort Worth/Keller Tx Thanks for the reply and well wishes though!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #4

Welcome from SW Virginia

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguilerafamily View Post
First of all welcome to the Forum and the FR family.

If you just want to get away and relax for the weekend, try Mill Creek Resort in Canton. Mill Creek is a very nice place, very nice staff, well taken care of, quiet, good level spots (concrete pads), plenty of room between sites.
There are a couple of 'catch and release' fishing ponds, swimming pools and rec rooms. Just don't go during first Monday unless you are into that kind of thing.

We don't park much in the local area as we travel a good bit, but we use Mill Creek as our first and last stops for the year, just to get things going and to wind things down.

Enjoy your new rig and get the best and most out of it.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #6

Welcome and congrats.
If you want to camp and ride atv's look up River Run Atv Park it located outside of Jacksonville Texas about 2 hours from you. there water and electric hook ups and dump station. River Run is about 3000 acres to ride on with nice big camp sites. Also look up Mud Creek Atv Park it is located on the opposite end of Jacksonville Texas with over 4000 acres to ride on and they also have big camp sites with water electric hook ups. Both places I go to alot and ride our side by side.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #7

There is also an ATV park near Red River in the Muenster, TX, area. You should be able to find it with a Google search. Some of our favorite camping areas near you are: Daingerfield SP, Tyler SP, Purtis Creek SP, Doctors Creek SP on Cooper Lake, Eisenhower SP and West Burns Run COE on Oklahoma side of Texoma. It's pretty hard to go wrong with any of the state parks in Texas. Just remembered that Eisenhower SP has an ATV area as well. Bonham SP is a small yet nice park, too. Nice bike trails (Tyler has excellent bike trails, too) if you are into that also. We have never camped at private campgrounds as we've never felt the need. There are ample state and corps parks that are more secluded and offer a much more "camping" feel for less money. I'm not much on having to turn sideways to walk between mine and my neighbors slides. Oh, Beavers Bend isn't too far from DFW- 3 hours or so- and there is access to huge areas of national land that is open for ATV riding there.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #8

DFW places

New to this RV also.
Just came back from Lake Whitney State Park, real nice.
First trip out we went to Eisenhower State Park, real nice also.
Going to check out more of the Texas State parks.
Have a good time.
Info. form Arlington, Tx.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome. There's a large, nice CG on lake grapevine that is owned by the city now i think. Not far from great wolf lodge. Think its called The Vineyards. A close one for you to make for weekends.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Site Team

Get on Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov and look up Hickory Creek Park on Lewisville Lake. It's an Army Corps of Engineers park, sites can be reserved, no sewer available, good views of the lake, sidewalks through the woods. We saw a flock of 9 wild turkeys on 5-6 days of our 11 day stay... saw up to 8-9 deer several times.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags