Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops p View Post
New 2015 Coachmen Catalina 263RLS - leak behind the shower wall and at the inlet side of the water pump. Had to tighten all. No further problem with water. But had defective gas fitting in stove (scored on the cone). Where is the quality control that is part of their advertising about testing gas and water lines? Who knows!!

Sorry but I cannot help with the furnace. Good luck.
We have the same exact camper, same year - we also had a leak coming from the shower wall, took it back to the dealer twice before they got it fixed. Must have been same quality control person checking them.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully these posts help others so they can check their fittings before hooking up to water.
Right. You should always check the fittings when you pressurize the system. I do this every time I camp. I place towels under the fittings and slowly add water to the system. Only after I have checked them and confirmed they do not leak will I open the shore water to full.

I hope the flood did not cause you permanent damage. Trailers tend to die after a flood. The floors rot out and the trailer is totaled. I hope you fare better.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #13
Site Team

To answer your furnace question:. If you shut off the gas but did not turn off the furnace ( at thermostat). It could call for heat but with no gas it would not start. After several tries, it goes into fail-safe mode. Turn thermostat to off ( not just down) wait a minute or two then retry. Fridge can do the same thing if you disconnect shore power when running, but gas off so it can't start.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
To answer your furnace question:. If you shut off the gas but did not turn off the furnace ( at thermostat). It could call for heat but with no gas it would not start. After several tries, it goes into fail-safe mode. Turn thermostat to off ( not just down) wait a minute or two then retry. Fridge can do the same thing if you disconnect shore power when running, but gas off so it can't start.
I actually had to "Prime" my fridge and furnace to get them to work... with both units off and powered down.. I cracked the gas fitting where it goes into the units until I smelled a "hint" of gas, then tightened up and tested with soapy water for leaks.. let it set 10 minutes to clear out the gas from the area, and turned all electric back on and they started right away... not saying most will say that's unsafe, but it's what I've done and not had any issues.. but don't do it while smoking a cigarette, lol
Old 06-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #15

Furnace

I ended up taking the thermostat apart. Every time I would touch the red and white wires together the furnace would run. The dealership is ordering and sending me a new thermostat.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkerm25 View Post
We just purchased a new 2015 FR3 10 days ago, went to use the shower and it is leaking from behind the wall?.... Still trying to figure out what's causing it, we are on the road and will have to wait until we get home, I feel for you, very frustrating, where is the quality control at the factory?.?
Happened to me. One of the nuts is not tightened at the tub faucet in the wall. You should be able to unscrew the 4 screws at the tub faucet area and the whole thing will flop forward and you can tighten the one that is leaking up. On my unit, one of the hoses in the wall had a hook nail around the hose and the faucet and knobs would not fall forward, Dealer had to peel the wall back and tighten the nut and retack the wall in. With the plastic line and nuts, if they are barely loose, it will leak, tighten a smiget to much and it is broken.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:04 PM   #17

The water leaks should have been detected when the dealer did their PDI. A great dealership would have had the water hooked up and tested while you did your inspection of the unit before handing over money. I hear of too many dealerships giving owners a 20 minute or less for the final inspection. Our dealer spent over an hour walking us through the unit when we purchase it used. He turned on every tap and also had the WH turned on. He ran the reefer on 120 volt and propane. He showed us how everything worked and had us turn everything on and off. He had us open and close the slideouts. When we left the dealership if there were problems with the unit it was not the fault of the dealership. (we did our inspection when the weather was still freezing. The dealer winterized the unit after showing us how things worked. He then spent another 1 1/2 hours getting our WDH tuned in properly.

caper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet