Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1

Talking Finally

Hello from South Louisiana
After 1.5 years planning, researching, visiting dealers, and walking through aproximately 17000 units, we finally took possesion of a new Crusader 325RES fifth wheel. We made our inaugural trip this past weekend to see what it's all about. I believe we are officially hooked!
The whole trip went great. Other than the fact I was battling the remnants of flumonia, I would call it a successful outing. All of the things I stressed over initially turned out to be non-events. The biggest thing I worried about was trying to back into our site. Considering it was the first time I backed up a trailer that size, I think getting it in on the third attempt wasn't half bad. Actually could have done it first or second time except for another truck being parked somewhat in my way which made me have to adjust more than once. Anyway I wasn't embarrased by my efforts. The most important thing I learned was that I have a lot to learn. So I was excited to find this forum and look forward to any and all advice I can glean from here.

Pirogue
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #2

Congrats!!! Glad everything went well! Happy camping!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #3

congrats,Hope you have many more camping trips and you enjoy every one.
striper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #4

Sounds like you had a great 1st trip it just gets better each trip we have been camping all our lives and RVing the last 18 years
billy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

Heard you folks got some rain down there! Congrats on the 325.Is that the new model Crusader? After looking at so many units what sold you guys on the Crusader?

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Thanks to all for the welcome.

RattVader

After reading online owner reviews until I was cross-eyed I started seeing a trend in complaints of models and brands in my budget and fit range. I know that Prime Time is relatively new but it looked as though there were less complaints or at least less severe issues with them. Also from what I read I found that Prime Time customer service seems to be genuinely ready to assist with and resolve issues. Only time will tell on that point.
My wife and I would go to dealers and spend more than just a few minutes in different units. I would sit around imagining what could become a potential issue. I would touch and examine things, open doors and cabinets turn on faucets and look underneath. I am certainly no RV expert but I know when something is not up to my standard. I like things plumb, square, and level. I like things tight and solid and to just feel right. Anyway after all this it looked as though the Crusader fit the bill.
I am not foolish enough to believe we will never have a problem with ours, after all when you start dragging these things down the road, especially Louisiana roads things are bound to loosen up and I realize they are not equipped with top of the line appliances and such due to weight conservation. But hopefully we have made a good choice and considering how long we will be paying for it I just hope I haven’t been fooled by cosmetics.
We shall see.

Pirogue
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #7

Congratulations on your new fifth wheel. I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment with it.

I totally agree about Louisiana roads. Some of the stretches of I-55 made me think I was giving my fifth wheel a torture test.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #8

Pirogue,sounds like you knew what you were looking for and how to look for it.I see there are some cosmetic differences mainly interior between the 320 & the 325.I have to tell you this is our first fifth wheel,had several TT's before this,and so far we are very satisfied.The only thing that we (the DW) and me,could really find fault with were those stiff brown recliners.They're history.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote