Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Finally got my travel trailer. New to the forum and trying to research some issues.

Hello everyone. My dad recently bought a 13 Rockwood Windjammer W3001, on my behalf. This is going to be my "daily liver" for the undetermined future. I've only spent the night in these campers, a couple times, so my experience is minimal, at best. So far, I'm happy with this setup. It is taking some getting used to, with taking short showers(6 gal water heater) taking my normal shower, I ended up rinsing cold a couple times. Lol. I think I'll manage. The only real issues I have, is the Dometic fridge freezes everything. I researched this and they say the thermistor is probably bad and the youtube videos show a thermistor with wires. The thermistor in mine has no wires. Not sure where to go next, with this. Also, and this is the biggest problem, there is a smell, inside, like dill pickle juice. I can't really pin point where the smell is coming from, but it is mainly in the kitchen/living area. I wiped down the ceiling and all the woodwork. It's still pretty strong, when you first walk in. Anyway, I look forward to learning with all the good information, in here, and I would appreciate any info as to this model, or things to look out for.
__________________

__________________
MSRockyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Hi! Welcome! We just got our first Travel Trailer (TT) too! I pick it up next Friday! Congrats! Look around on YouTube... There are a few good videos on there that pertain to the basic essentials.
__________________

__________________
ItsAllAboutTheV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Boy,sounds like your in a Pickle with that smell. Better smell than members who report (Formaldehyde Smell) in their units! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Boy,sounds like your in a Pickle with that smell. Better smell than members who report (Formaldehyde Smell) in their units! Youroo!!
I'm not real sure what Formaldehyde smells like. This could be it. Is it known to stick around, that long?
__________________
MSRockyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,254
The smell is probably from the solvents in the paneling and other products. It's normal in new RV's and houses.

It will go away. Leave the windows open as much as you can.
__________________
RamblerGuy
2011 Sunseeker 3100
1997 Pathfinder Toad
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The smell is probably from the solvents in the paneling and other products. It's normal in new RV's and houses.

It will go away. Leave the windows open as much as you can.
I figured it being a 13, that smell would've faded, by now. Of course, this trailer hadn't been used very much at all. It rained last night and I started smelling that smell in the bedroom. I'm wondering if the rain got something wet on the slide and opened up the smell, some.
__________________
MSRockyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #7
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Finally got my travel trailer. New to the forum and trying to research some i...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRockyblue View Post
Hello everyone. My dad recently bought a 13 Rockwood Windjammer W3001, on my behalf. This is going to be my "daily liver" for the undetermined future. I've only spent the night in these campers, a couple times, so my experience is minimal, at best. So far, I'm happy with this setup. It is taking some getting used to, with taking short showers(6 gal water heater) taking my normal shower, I ended up rinsing cold a couple times. Lol. I think I'll manage. The only real issues I have, is the Dometic fridge freezes everything. I researched this and they say the thermistor is probably bad and the youtube videos show a thermistor with wires. The thermistor in mine has no wires. Not sure where to go next, with this. Also, and this is the biggest problem, there is a smell, inside, like dill pickle juice. I can't really pin point where the smell is coming from, but it is mainly in the kitchen/living area. I wiped down the ceiling and all the woodwork. It's still pretty strong, when you first walk in. Anyway, I look forward to learning with all the good information, in here, and I would appreciate any info as to this model, or things to look out for.

Re: thermistor

The fact you don't see any wires is probably your issue. Most like what you're seeing is just an empty clip and the actual thermistor is dangling somewhere else. Try looking around for it and then get it back in the clip.

If you can't find it in the fridge, you might need to pull the fridge to find it from the outside and then get it back into the fridge.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Re: thermistor

The fact you don't see any wires is probably your issue. Most like what you're seeing is just an empty clip and the actual thermistor is dangling somewhere else. Try looking around for it and then get it back in the clip.

If you can't find it in the fridge, you might need to pull the fridge to find it from the outside and then get it back into the fridge.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I will check on this, after work. Is there a certain area where the wires should feed through? I didn't notice any grommets or open holes.
__________________

__________________
MSRockyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.