Just wrote this for my nephew who is looking to buy a new one of things "to do".
When you do what they call your "PDI" (Pre Delivery Inspection). Make note of EVERY little thing you find not perfect and have them fix it.
Maybe not that day, but noted on their reports so you can bring it back in a week or so to have it done and they don't claim you damaged it.
I would take it out at least once before you take it back to note anything else you find not right. Which you will. LOL
Some dealers really suck at PDI's, make sure they show you the following:
1. How to light water heater if not electronic, if electronic from the inside, what do you do if it doesn't light? How do you know it didn't?
2. How to put awening out AND back in again.
3. Where are the fuses and breaker panel at.
4. Where physically is the water pump and switch to turn it on and off.
5. Is there a bypass for winterizing, if so, where and how do you use it.
6. How do you put stablilizers down and up?
7. How to operate fridge to auto switch between 110 and propane?
8. Which valve for grey water (sinks and bath tub) and black water (toilet).
9. How to light/turn on furnace.
10. Where physically is the "house" battery. (One installed in trailer). Is there an inline fuse somewhere for it
11. Where are the low point drains at (used when you winterize your trailer)
Now for what you will need for it:
1. Sewer Hose (walmart)
2. RV water hose (walmart)
3. RV 30 amp extension cord. May not need it right away, but you will eventually, just get one. LOL (some walmarts have them)
4. Set of tire chocks for each side (walmart)
5. Step rug to mount on outside step to keep sand and stuff out of the trailer (walmart)
There is about 100 bucks
Silverware and cooking utensils
Dish towels and sponge to wash dishes
Small size drying rack for dishes on (maybe)
Bath towels and wash cloths
Small garbage can
Paper towel holder and paper towels (if you use them)
Coffee maker. Know you like your coffee
Some pans for cooking
Broom and dustpan to clean the trailer floor
After your first trip, you will figure out the other stuff you don't have. LOL
What we did years ago, bought stuff at garage sales and left all the plates, silverware, towels etc.. in the trailer all the time.
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2013 Chevy 3/4 Ton TV