Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

First Post! Looking into buying Sierra 366FL

Hello Everyone,

My name is Greg and this is my first post to this forum. I was directed over here from another forum site because I am looking into purchasing a 2014 Sierra 366FL and was curious on some reviews and comments about this unit.

As ive been doing my research I have stumbled across alot of pros and cons (mostly cons) behind Forest River products, but I try not to let pure negative comments sway my purchase. I know there are many different lines owned by Forest River.

We love the layout and look of this fifth wheel, and for our use as a camper that will remain in a permaent site in a campground for the summer months up here in Michigan.

Just was curious on what the honest thoughts were on this camper and if anyone happens to have this model in particular. As a back up I am also looking at a Palomino F320RS model just incase, even though it is sighlty out of my price range.

Looking forward to being part of this site and any insight from you guys!
Captgreg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
Site Team

welcome

Welcome to the forum from the top side land of Lincoln . Might want to look or post here for info.
Sierra - Forest River Forums

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #3

Lots of Happy Sierra Owners on here! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #4

We love our Sierra, We have had a few problems but our dealer has been great about fixing everything.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #5

I think what DAKOTA EV said answers most of your questions. It's not really about the UNIT you purchase, but the DEALER, which should be fixing the problems, if they occur.

Most all units, no matter who the manufacturer is, will have some problems, some big, some small; but, if you have a dealer that can and will take care of them without making you wait months or just doing a patch job instead of fixing the problem, you are way ahead of the game.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #6

Welcome to the Forum from SW Virginia.....

Can't speak about Sierras but we have a Palomino Puma (our second) Our experience is, ours have been back to the dealer for only very minor issues. Both were & have been great campers.

Human nature to vent about the bad things & not so much the good things. Just love reading campground reviews that give the campground a bad review because the weather was bad.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Being a Sierra owner, and the way I've been treated by the factory during the rally, it will take a lot for me to switch brands. The Sierra/Sandpiper line is a very good value for quality line. In case you didn't know, Sierras and Sandpipers are made side by side on the same line, no difference in quality or model, only graphics and nosecones. If you have 2 dealers nearby which carry one or the other, price shop them, but also look at their service department and consider that.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #8

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the responses, it's really nice to know there's a group of guys out there with other FR units and great support. We are going to still plan on taking a look at the camper on Saturday. The dealer we will most likely be purchasing it from seems to be quite reputable and reassured me that they will take care of anything needed, and will go over it with a fine tooth comb, so thats about all I can ask for at this moment. Also they have mobile service thats within an hour from our campground so that also is a major plus.

I will try and keep everyone posted on the progress of this purchase! Hopefully some pictures as well.
Captgreg87 is offline   Reply With Quote