Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #1

First time owners from Nebraska

We just bought our very first camper as a family. We bought the 26BDH and wow is there a learning curve! We will be venturing out for the first time next weekend and plan on camping the next 3 weekends. I am sure that I will have tons of questions! My first question is this - we purchased the Dish Tailgater King 2 and is there a way to hook it up to the outside coax connections to get it to work inside? The only way I can get it to work is run the coax directly from the satellite to the dish receiver. I have tried all the hookups outside and they don't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am sure this is the first of many questions and lots of reading on this forum!
gbrownhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and to campering! I'm just down the road in Stromsburg Nebraska!! As far as dish, if you have a dish hookup outside, you should be able to hook up to it from the dish to it, then the receiver goes inside hooked to the wall. You'll need to turn off over the air antenna too. If it still doesn't work, there a good chance there a cable wiring issue behind the entertainment/CD/DVD player area.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time