Old 04-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #1

First time RV owner

Hello My name is John, I have rented RV's over the past 5 years and finally bought one. Most of my friends who own RV's have started with pumper pulls and ended up with 5th wheels. So I after months of looking and research my wife and I just put a down payment and financed a 2018 Forrest River Sierra 372LOK. So whats my tow vehicle I only have a Chevy Tahoe

So here is our situation. We just bought a lake front RV lot. We are currently having a cement pad, metal roof RV cover and electric hookup constructed . It is a nice gated lake front community and we will be leaving the RV there as our get away spot, which is a 2 hour drive from our home. No current plans to towing it anywhere else. Upon completion of the lots improvements we will pay a transport service to tow the the Fifth wheel to our RV lot. No sense buying a $60k pickup until our plans change.

There is no city water available so we will be buying a water storage tank and have water delivered. I want to configure some kind of external pump to have the water pumped from the tank to the city water supply on the RV.

Also we can not put a septic that close to the lake shore so I will be toting the poop to the dump station less than a mile away..

I know I will have a bunch of questions and hope to get some advise from this forum.. I attached some pics of the bad boy..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7058.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	167488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7059.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	167489  

Jg5254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #2

Welcome from SW Ohio , enjoy your Sierra 5thwheel !

Old 04-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #3

Welcome from Wv, sounds like your gonna have a nice place to relax
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #4
western NC mountains!

if your rig has a 'winterize/sanitize' lever in the wet bay, it may serve your purpose of pulling water into your rig from an external 'non pressurized' source... just run a hose from the hookup and out and into your tank, etc., OR, just have the 'city water' delivered directly into your RV's own tank.... you'll probably not go through as much water as you think, and it may well last you longer than you think. If you have a water tank, will you be o.k. with using water that has sat there for weeks or months on end? Just some thoughts.

for disposal of the gray and black tanks, you often can go all 'weekend' without having to worry about filling the tanks, and make a single run to the dumpstation when you are leaving.... or, have a mobile pumper truck stop by, if available.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
if your rig has a 'winterize/sanitize' lever in the wet bay, it may serve your purpose of pulling water into your rig from an external 'non pressurized' source... just run a hose from the hookup and out and into your tank, etc., OR, just have the 'city water' delivered directly into your RV's own tank.... you'll probably not go through as much water as you think, and it may well last you longer than you think. If you have a water tank, will you be o.k. with using water that has sat there for weeks or months on end? Just some thoughts.

for disposal of the gray and black tanks, you often can go all 'weekend' without having to worry about filling the tanks, and make a single run to the dumpstation when you are leaving.... or, have a mobile pumper truck stop by, if available.
Very good points to think about, Thanks for the info.. Most of the folks out there use a 300 to 500 gallon dark colored storage tanks kept in the shade. But its a good idea having that tank fill up the RV's storage tank and not having to use an external pump..
Jg5254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #6

Welcome from Charlotte,NC and nice rig!

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Retirement life........
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time