Old 01-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
First time RV owner!!!

Hello everyone!! My husband and I just put our order in for our very first RV and I cannot wait to get my hot little hands on it! Up until now, we were tent campers and after a HOT Coke 600 in Charlotte, we decided it was time to start looking for something to make our Nascar trips a little more comfortable. We took a trip to the RV show here in Pittsburgh and absolutely fell in love with the Rockwood ROO 21DK. It is the perfect size for what we need and what we can tow. I have been looking around on the forums reading and just trying to learn as much as possible. One thing I was hoping to get some help with was what comes with your trailer?? Electric hook up? Water hoses? Fire extinguisher?? I'm sure all these answers are somewhere and I just completely read past them! I've spent days online reading and I think my eyes are about to pop out of my head! I appreciate any advice given, and I'm so excited to become apart of this great community! Love!

2015 F150 SCrew 3.5 Eco
2014 ROO 21DK
Nights camped 2014: 23
Nights camped 2015: 23
NicelyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #2

You've come to the right forum to glean information about your new lifestyle...there are incredibly knowledgeable folks who inhabit this site...all of whom are more than willing to share their experience with you. To answer your questions...yes, your ROO will come equipped with a 30 amp power cord, most likely built in and ready to be unspooled. You should also receive a small fire extinguisher...but take it from a lifelong cruising sailor (many similarities here) get yourself an aftermarket extinguisher...or can't have too wouldn't believe how fast and hot fiberglass can burn. Don't count on a drinking water safe hose...the dealer might supply one, but they're usually very cheesy...invest in a good one from your local or online camping products supplier. When you take delivery, crawl around your unit...get into every nook and cranny...see how it's constructed...test each system and understand how it functions. THEN...find the most beautiful park you can travel to and HAVE FUN on your inaugural cruise...

2012 Surveyor SP-240, Hobie Odyssey
Aspen 5.7L HEMI V8, Tekonsha P3
Blue Ox 1500 WDH with Sway Control
Barker 3500 Tongue Jack
DW & a feisty Border Terrier named Painter
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
i'm guessing that by electric hookup, you mean a shore power cord. yes, that is included with the trailer from the factory.
no on water hoses, unless your dealer is one that supplies a "starter package". usually a single water hose along with some basic things for your RV.
a small extinguisher is required by law, so that is also something installed from the factory. mainly for stove fires, not for anything bigger than that.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #4
Welcome to the forum from Dawsonville, GA!
Glen & Lee
Dawsonville, GA
2013 V-Cross Platinum 325VRL
2014 Ford F250 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin!
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
Welcome,when you use your unit for the (1st)time,use (Camp Driveway).Play house and you can supply (Most) things you need from Home. Make your list of things you need and stock your unit,then (Go Camping!).This will make your (1st) trip (Much) better! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Welcome to the forums from Idaho.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #8
Site Team
Welcome each of my three RVs came with the following accessories/ safety equipment.
Power cord.
Water hose.
Sewer tube.
Water pressure regulator.
Fire extinguisher.
Smoke detector.
Propane detector.
Carbon monoxide detector.
Sample pack/roll of toilet tissue.
Black tank treatment sample pack.
30amp-20amp adapter plug.
Owner's manuals for everything on the unit.

Good luck and enjoy. There are a lot of
Roo owners here.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Welcome! A camper takes the NASCAR experience to a whole different level. You will not be sorry! The goods you will get standard have already been addressed by the folks above.

I 100% second replacing the tiny extinguisher with a larger unit. I even installed one in my outside storage compartment. The tiny unit supplied with the camper is now in my truck.

Also you will likely need a few critical items for your rig that are not included.

Water regulator
Fresh water Hose if not provided
Wheel chocks
Sewer Collar and while you are at it spend a few $$ and get a better Sewer hose.
Holding Tank Treatment
Cooler stocked with beer

All the other things are just details.
2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #10

DH and I have done Bristol and Texas Motor Speedway.

Being in the South, Talladega is on our bucket list! We took our RV to Bristol but kept 'er in an RV park in Pigeon Forge. Texas was before we got the RV.

Welcome to "glamping" and all the creature comforts that come with it.

Most of the gotta haves have been covered. I'd advise buying more than just a couple rolls of the RV safe bathroom tissue.

Yes most dealers give the buyer a freebie starter kit. If it's not offered, ask for it!

A couple of things not mentioned; get the bug proof screens for all exterior appliance vents. Mud dobbers and wasps love those small hidey holes. If you have roof vents get the covers for them.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

first time