Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #1

First time RV owner. St. Louis MO

Hi. We just got our 1st RV, flagstaff 8528BHSS 5th wheel. Before this one the only camper we have is a Coleman pop-up. We only used it once, sold it for a good deal and got a super deal on this 2004 bunkhouse. The last owner bought it from the original owner 2011. Mother and daughter lived in it for a year until their storm damaged home was rebuilt. It's in very good shape except the carpet and tens of other little things. The inner supporting arm of the awning were damaged. I just fixed it couple days ago. Scraped off most of the old caulking and recaulked it with proflex. Now it is so beautiful inside and out. Was going to replace the carpet this weekend. However something more urgent surfaced. I guess that it will not let me get away too easily with such a new camper for 7 grand. In the process of replacing the two wooden (well, partial board) pieces on the side of master bedroom steps, I was shocked the see all the "duck work" for the heating is gone. Some rodents must have got in there and teared it all up. I'm in the process of removing the under belly plastic sheathing and redo the duck work, maybe more while I'm there with everything teared apart! Anyway, off to a rough start. But I'm still happy. Erwin
erwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! While you might be off to a rough start sounds like you have a good handle on getting it taken care of.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote