Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
First Time TT owner

Just bought my first tt, 2005 Rockwood Roo 21ss. Plan on camping all around PA. My one question is: Do most campgrounds have a standard electrical service, or do I need to carry some pigtail adaptors. Thanks.

Rescue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Pirate Todd and Wench
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pasadena Maryland
Posts: 78
Not to worry....most all campgrounds have your standard 20 amp outlet you have at home, as well as a 30 amp, and 50 amp 110v service. its good to have your 30A to 20A standard outlet converter in your tool box though...just in case.

-Todd and Sherri
-2006 F250 Super Duty King ranch Diesel
-2012 Windjammer 3008w
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,969
Buy a Electric reciptacle tester from ? (Harbor Freight) #32906 $5.00. Plug it in your 30 to 15 adaptor and check your electric supply (EVERY) time (BEFORE) you plug in you camper! Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Site Team
bikendan's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 14,427
you should always have a 30/15 adapter, just for plugging in at home.
it's always good to call the campground ahead to see if you need a different adapter.

we've had our Roo for over 5 years and have only used the 30/15 adapter.
but we don't usually camp at fancy RV resorts that have 50 amp outlets.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Thanks All.
Rescue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou
Herk7769's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,368
I carry:

30 amp female to 110 volt male adapter - Saved having to boondock one night with no AC power while waiting for our reserved spot to open. This and a few extension cords let us use the TV and a few other small draw items, like charging the batteries while we were parked out on the grass.

30 amp female to 50 amp male pigtail - Camped at several campgrounds that shared a pedestal between two campers. The original guy had the 30 amp in use so we needed to use either the duplex outlet (with no air conditioning) or the 50 amp outlet. Having the pigtail kept us cool.

110 female to 30 amp male adapter - lets me use the camper's dedicated garage outlet for regular tools.


Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.