Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #21

832 ik

Hi Matthew. Here is the PM I sent to Rodney. Our experiences sound similar. I bought in Texas also about 30 miles from where I live. Did not have to drive up NE to pick up.

Hi Rodney.Don't mind sharing my experience with you at all.
Our unit MSRP was $43,400. We paid $32,000 even. That's $11,400 difference. That means we paid 26.27% less than the MSRP. In my experience that is about as good as you can get. I spec'd out the unit with RV Direct and one other national wholesaler and we beat their price. The best I could do was around 25%. I told the sales manager we were dealing with that we were looking there as well. They know what that means. We even walked out once and got a call back saving us $2K more so we bought and were able to upgrade the unit to the Platinum Package. We have 2 AC units, all electric everything (jacks). Anyway I bought a new truck as well and only could get them down to 25.25% off MSRP. It was a 2013 and the Flagstaff is a 2014. I have used those percentages for years. I have never heard about the 40% mark up. I doubt that you can get any dealer down that far. BTW I got a new Equalizer hitch installed at no extra charge. Supposedly $800 savings as well. That is my experience and I am happy with it. Any other questions feel free to ask .
Greytdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #22

Rodney, my experience was a lot like matthewbenn. We bought our 2014 about four weeks ago, and have spent two weeks in it. Couldn't be happier. As noted, prices will vary by section of the country, how many the dealer has on his lot, and many other variables--just like new cars. All dealers have different overhead structures, and models in high demand tend to have less discounting. There's no need for the dealer to cut their margins when the units keep rolling off the lot.

I got the platinum package, and the MSRP was right around $43K. My out-the-door with TTL was $32K. No trade in, but that made no difference to the dealer. I had a controller built into the truck, so didn't have that need. Like automobiles, the best discounts will be on the leftover 2013's.

Actual cost paid by dealer will vary, too. Volume rules, and the 'volume dealers' receive the best incentives to keep the product moving. Good luck on your negotiations and if you're like us, you'll love the new trailer! Perfect layout for our needs.

Badlands
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #23

Smile 832 ikbs

Thank you matthewbenn and Badlands for sharing your buying experiences. It is nice to know that we were in the same range. I always wonder if I did the best I could on the final deal. It makes me feel better knowing that you were in the same ball park.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #24

You did good, Greytdogs, and you'll love the unit, I am certain. Watch out for those recliners, though. They have a tendency to make your eyes go closed!!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
Site Team

congrats on the unit and welcome to the forum

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #26

Welcome from southwest Ohio. Hope you enjoy your new unit.
jafud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #27

Smile Nice stuff here. 2015 Flagstaff 832 IKBS

DW and I are negotiating a deal right now. MSRP is $ 47,989.00. We can get it out the door for$ 35,728.00. I need to respond and have 3 days. We love the floor plan. It has 2 ac's, toppers Diamond package cherry upgrade and much more. What do you think? I also heard they were easy to tow. Excited but nervous. this would be our first travel trailer. We had a 26' boat for years.
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #28

Still loving mine after all this time. About only thing i would like to change in my 2014 version is a larger fridge. This 6.2 is TINY. and see there's a 9.something i think that has nearly the same footprint. but just a tad taller. I could loose the drawer under the fridge with no problem. and sure would lke a 50% increase in capability.. I hate getting ice every or every other day for the cooler outside!

I took the 2nd year warranty available through the dealer (at time of delivery). and glad i did. The original tires were doing great tread-wise.. but they were developing some sidewall bubbles like i'd never seen before. I approached LionHead about it who in turn sent my package to F/R.. they ordered up a new set and sent them to the dealer. NO cost to me! Gonna watch this set closer i guess!.

Mine is also the 30A version (single A/C). Haven't needed extra except when down in south Texas.. and that wasn't a real problem it just gave this 13.5 unit a work-out!

Towing this is easy! i have an anderson hitch on the truck and LOVE it!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #29

Congratulations and welcome from SW Idaho.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #30

Negotiating

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
DW and I are negotiating a deal right now. MSRP is $ 47,989.00. We can get it out the door for$ 35,728.00. I need to respond and have 3 days. We love the floor plan. It has 2 ac's, toppers Diamond package cherry upgrade and much more. What do you think? I also heard they were easy to tow. Excited but nervous. this would be our first travel trailer. We had a 26' boat for years.
Congratulations on your selection. We love our 832IKBS> I would suggest you get them down some more. I always figure on 26% or more when negotiating trailers, trucks, cars, etc. That would be around $35,511. They should do that easily. You are close. I immediately put "E" rated tires on ours after blowouts in another RV we owned. Manufacturers typically put the minimum rated tires on them and they are crap. You might try to negotiate that into the deal. It will tow much better and you can put more psi in them. I used a 10K lb Equalizer (brand name) hitch with ours and it worked really well. We got the hitch included in our deal as well. Good luck to you and hope you enjoy your new purchase. Oh, one other problem we had with our 2014 was the fan motor in the kitchen slide refrigerator. It is supposed to come on at 150 degrees to help cool the fridge. It made an awful whirring noise. I had an RV tech construct a replacement fan with 2 quiet motors after Dometic sent the same motor replacement that was no better. Hope they have solved that problem. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #31

What year do you have? 2 ac? fireplace?
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #32

2 ACs....a 15k and 13.5k BTU. Yes, we Love the fireplace! Will never be without one again.

Tags
first time, flagstaff