Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

First trailer wild wood and not happy take it back for a 275 surveyor 27 foot

I recently sold my big foot truck camper and I wanted to keep to a smaller trailer so i can still get into the small lakes i love to fish in B.C. Canada My wife and i purchased a 2013 23 fbs wild wood, and i was soon very sorry we did as the quality was very poor. I did not expect the sales people to get down and look in every nook and cranny but on our first trip out we spotted a lot of defects.my wife went to put a garbage bin in bathroom by toliet and found the flooring was warped up and factory tried to staple it down our shower stall pulled away from the wall leaking on floor bagage comp lock seized up and key broke in lock poor dealer pdi. floor also in bed room area warped up. loose trim on bed room shelf,behind the couch slider two screws were removed by a electic drill which tore the fabric off the wall into the plywood screws were put in the wrong place thats why they were removed lots of glue spots on the vinvl walls,draws in kitchen each time you drove they flew out,Also abubble on the hardwall fiber glass not seen until the right light hit it or you run hand on it to feel the lump,We did get it on sale but if i seen all this i would not touch it. I had to take it back, and did not have anything in the same price range so I went up I hope to a better quality trailer which is a 275 surveyor 27 foot a bit longer than i wanted but the cabinets were real wood i think not likr the wildwood which had pictures glued on to look like wood. We still found mouldings loose and one piece of wood missing were the table folds down to a bed if we took it someone would have broke thru that trying to sleep I still cant see how the factory misses this stuff and than the dealer doing a poor pdi a guess We will try the trailer out this weekend and will let you know how we made out as we really like the layout of this model it cost me 11,500 more than I paid for the wildwood so you can see why im a bit fussy on the second choiceSo feel free to give me feed back on my first new trailer buying problems. thank you
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I have a Surveyor 5th wheel and really like it. Was it defect free from the factory? Of course not. Unfortunately, that degree of quality just does not exist as it probably should. With that said, hopefully the factory defects you find will be simple to fix and just be part of the experience. Good luck and Happy RV'ing.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #3

Buckaroo2, welcome to the forums from Huntsville AL USA!

Surveyor is a good TT - we had our 33' bunker for 7 years before we moved up to the 5er we have now.

Sadly, there are levels of "quality" within the Forest River brands. Not sure that this dictates the quality of craftsmanship, only the quality of materials.

Issues like you have reported however are strictly on the dealer - they should have NEVER sold you the unit in the first place and/or should have caught it on the PDI.

You should have much better luck with the Surveyor!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor, trailer