Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
First TT

Oh boy,where to start?....My wife goes online and finds a Forest River Hybrid {233t) and talks me into buying it....not sure why I can;t say no but we now own a used 2003 233t hybrid and of course being retired guess who gets to make all the repairs or whatnots.
The silly thing came with no manuals so I have no idea how to start up anything,repair anything....maybe I'll just sit in it and get drunk...
I have heard that Forest River makes good products but don't really offer any help on operating anything such as your hot water heater or reefer...
Dang! am I too old to learn this stuff?
I will thank you and thank you if anyone can give me some insight....other then finding another woman!
__________________

__________________
elroseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 2,381
Hello, and

As for the furnace, water heater, and stuff, get the brand and model and look for the individual website. Will get much better info. Save the pages, or download the manuals so you will have them.

Also check out the Hybrid section on this website for specific help. People on here are great.
__________________

__________________
LadyWindrider
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
I have found some of the best resources at the campgrounds themselves. Most people are great to ask and are usually more than happy to share their knowledge.
__________________
KPAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroseo View Post
Oh boy,where to start?....My wife goes online and finds a Forest River Hybrid {233t) and talks me into buying it....not sure why I can;t say no but we now own a used 2003 233t hybrid and of course being retired guess who gets to make all the repairs or whatnots.
The silly thing came with no manuals so I have no idea how to start up anything,repair anything....maybe I'll just sit in it and get drunk...
I have heard that Forest River makes good products but don't really offer any help on operating anything such as your hot water heater or reefer...
Dang! am I too old to learn this stuff?
I will thank you and thank you if anyone can give me some insight....other then finding another woman!
Thanks for the laugh your thread just gave me

I also researched TT's, and my DH was also unable to say 'NO' to it.
However, he has made it clear that it is my 'baby' and he has nothing to do with it except sleeping in it when we camp.

I am going to try and figure out how your DW got you to buy the trailer AND do all the work on it also; I think I need lessons from her.



BTW...you came to the right place for help!!
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950


You came to the right place, my friend!

We have a subforum for you. The Roo and Shamrock are the same so you will want to watch them both.

HWH and fridge are the easy parts (believe it or not). Then there's controlling condensation, lighting the stove, staying warm/cool, batteries and boondocking, winterizing and water pumps and more. Lots of fun.

Post any questions you might have.
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Does anyone have any advice on batteries for our trailer and some advice on a manual carefree awnings.
__________________
michigannurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigannurse View Post
Does anyone have any advice on batteries for our trailer and some advice on a manual carefree awnings.
Are you looking to replace your batteries? I'm sure yours is needing replacement if its the original.

People use either one or two 12-volt (group 24 is the smallest and up to group 31) or two 6-volts. I installed two 6-volt Trojan T-145's because of the dry camping that we do. Also, a battery disconnect is a good idea and a common mod.

What advice on awnings are you looking for? Carefree's are pretty common aftermarket awnings. Did your trailer come with the carefree awning or are you looking to install one?
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,293
like the others have said, if you go to each manufacturer's website, you should be able to download the manual, like the Carefree awning. my Roo has a A&E awning.

checking out the Expandable/Hybrid section here, will give you some ideas. lots of 233 and 233S owners here.

did have one question, if you're retired, how come you bought a hybrid with 3 canvas bunk ends, instead of the normal 2 bunk ends. usually large families buy the 3 bed ones, not retired people.
unless you've got grandkids to take camping.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
like the others have said, if you go to each manufacturer's website, you should be able to download the manual, like the Carefree awning. my Roo has a A&E awning.

checking out the Expandable/Hybrid section here, will give you some ideas. lots of 233 and 233S owners here.

did have one question, if you're retired, how come you bought a hybrid with 3 canvas bunk ends, instead of the normal 2 bunk ends. usually large families buy the 3 bed ones, not retired people.
unless you've got grandkids to take camping.

Hmm...this 233 has 2 canvas bunk ends....wish I could of found one with a 3rd so I could throw the kitties in there!....
__________________
elroseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post


You came to the right place, my friend!

We have a subforum for you. The Roo and Shamrock are the same so you will want to watch them both.

HWH and fridge are the easy parts (believe it or not). Then there's controlling condensation, lighting the stove, staying warm/cool, batteries and boondocking, winterizing and water pumps and more. Lots of fun.

Post any questions you might have.

Thanks for the welcome!!....you say HWH and fridge are the easy part??....Ok I will take your word for it but I'm still gonna have a bottle nearby just in case!
__________________

__________________
elroseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.